Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Adam Jones LP Custom...

What's Hot

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7192
    One day my Orville is going to cost you £5K.
    Are you going to be a bigger Tool?  ;)
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:
    Brilliant piece of artwork as usual - for those that don't already know, Jones is heavily involved in the artistic direction and styling of the band. He's got a background in film set design, and has worked on some pretty massive blockbusters.

This may as well be a new instrumental Tool track in itself, it has the key elements there, plus a strong hint of John Carpenter's soundtracks! I'd love to hear a solo Jones EP at some point if this is anything to go by, hopefully it would be akin to a Tool version of NIN's Ghost series. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibe said:
    One day my Orville is going to cost you £5K.
    Are you going to be a bigger Tool?  ;)
    Already am! So there!

Bye!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:
    Brilliant piece of artwork as usual - for those that don't already know, Jones is heavily involved in the artistic direction and styling of the band. He's got a background in film set design, and has worked on some pretty massive blockbusters.

This may as well be a new instrumental Tool track in itself, it has the key elements there, plus a strong hint of John Carpenter's soundtracks! I'd love to hear a solo Jones EP at some point if this is anything to go by, hopefully it would be akin to a Tool version of NIN's Ghost series. :)

bookmarked for later..very intersted to hear this.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • With Gibson CMO Cesar Gueikian and Adam Jones sharing executive production credits, the soundtrack was composed by Jones and mixed by ‘Evil’ Joe Baresi, and features cameos from Jones’ Tool bandmates bassist Justin Chancellor and drummer Danny Carey. Apparently.....cant wait to hear this!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • 6or46or4 Frets: 15
    I live tool but the price tag is a joke 
  • ^ It’s quite in line with Gibson CS prices, especially on limited runs. I’m not saying that makes it good value, but it’s not like it’s astronomically more than equivalents from them. I’d still rather have an original one at those prices, but I doubt anyone is likely to lose money on one of these, or at least not on the unsigned “cheap” version
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    6or4 said:
    I live tool but the price tag is a joke 
    That’s probably taking it a bit far..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• ^ It’s quite in line with Gibson CS prices, especially on limited runs. I’m not saying that makes it good value, but it’s not like it’s astronomically more than equivalents from them. I’d still rather have an original one at those prices, but I doubt anyone is likely to lose money on one of these, or at least not on the unsigned “cheap” version
    Your prob right but it might depend on whether Tool have another album in them or not. Was surprised that Fear Innoculum didnt get a video other than the one on the packaging. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2943

It's better than that pointless mockingbird track on Fear Inoculum. Cool video but a shame they used cheesy CGI shots of the guitar. Would look so much better if they used actual footage then just stylised it to fit in with the rest of the video.
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    Silverburst Customs were the colour nobody wanted back in 79/80. I remember two or three hanging in guitar shops until the strings went rusty. 

Originals still come up on a regular basis and would make a far better buy, while saving a few grand. 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2353

This guy describes case defects. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12040
    I honestly don’t see the big deal, it’s an ugly colour lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • So do these repros have pancake bodies? 
    So do these repros have pancake bodies? 
    Gone by the time the originals were around. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 778

This guy describes case defects. 
    Did this guy really put a pair of gloves on before he picked the guitars up, like he was handling a rare diamond. Wow, seen it all now. Tragic.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • artiebear said:
    Ah. When did they stop? 77?
    artiebear said:
    Ah. When did they stop? 77?
    76, then they went back to one piece. They were around 71 to 75, with a hangover into 76 ( that was the Kalamazoo to Nashville changeover period ). I have a 76 Custom with a pancake body, heavy as hell but sounds good. 
  • They did copy the 3-pc maple neck on this one though :mrgreen: