Monkeying around... Peach Guitars & The Iommi SGs!

What's Hot
PeachyJackPeachyJack Frets: 15
edited October 2020 in Guitar
Hey folks, Jack here from Peach Guitars.

I wanted to share one of the latest Peach features with you that I was particularly pleased with. Some of you may already have seen it, but for those who haven’t, I wanted to take the opportunity to show a bit of love to the recently released Gibson Custom Shop Tony Iommi SG Special ‘Monkey’ Tribute Set. I’m a bit of an Iommi fan and felt that the guitar itself, while shrouded in a bit of artist-related mystique, is just cool as hell!

It’s a potentially contentious one, but I’d be keen to hear your thoughts!   

https://youtu.be/9s4RCO_nGVI 

Cheers!
Jack
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HerrMetalHerrMetal Frets: 557
    Already liked this on Youtube. It sounds superb to me. The logic behind attempting to sell a right and left hand pair of guitars at something like £30K I struggle with. I suppose Gibson think the target purchaser will likely use the RH and put the other on the wall. I guess someone out there has the money to do this, but it isn't me. I'll stick with my trusty 80's SG Standard, although this does make me think about something with P90's.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25106
    I totally missed this thread the other day.  Great stuff.

I can't imagine who'd actually pay that kind of money for these guitars, but they are certainly interesting collectors' pieces and a well deserved tribute to the great man.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2413
    They look and sound superb, but unfortunately it will only be collectors/investors who are able to pick these up. I do think the pricing Gibson set is very extreme.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4386
    edited October 2020
    *edit* wrong thread!

Great video and really well explained and presented. I hadn't spotted the poly on the fingerboard or the zero nut either, so that was neat to find out about.
  • steersteer Frets: 1233
    It's an SG. A red one.

I'm sure it's nice, but anyone who buys one obviously has more money than sense. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25106

Regarding the bushings for the tailpiece, as a '64 SG Special the original bridge would, presumably, have been a one-piece wraparound. 

So they've added an imaginary, non-original, tune-o-matic and tailpiece, then taken them away again!  Fair enough, it's a reproduction, but quite bizarre.

• RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1080
    edited October 2020
    Hd a quick flick through the vid. Nice job. 

The price on that guitar is absurd but I am not expecting you to comment on that. 

Suffice to say that there are many things  one could spend 30k on, but a pair of Gibbos are way, way down on the list. If you do sell them, send the buyer my way, as I still have a joblot of left handed 
    screwdrivers and skyhooks I’m trying to shift. 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 1018
    Gibson are having a laugh with the pricing here, laughing all the way to the bank
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28752
    They’re look like really great and unique SGs. That’s a good thing. 

What I don’t get is the “matching pair” thing. Whether you’re left or right handed you’re forced to buy a guitar you can’t play. And presumably if you’re left handed you wouldn’t even want the RH version as Iommi is a lefty. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Not gonna dwell on the price here (it's 100% absurd, whichever way you cut it) but can I just say that you guys are killing it with these videos. Tremendous playing and tones, and your delivery/presentation are on point. Best demos on YT by a mile
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It is a fabulous video. With great tone and playing.

Guitar itself is bonkers. I'm a massive fan of Tony, but that guitar wouldn't be for me. It's so very specifically adapted to Tony's needs - such as the fingerboard coating, bridge etc. 

• BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 1018
    Agree with @PonchoGreg re Peach’s demo’s being the best on YT. 
    Their two demos helped me decide on buying a 408, great demo and I’m sure they won’t mind me posting their clips here even though its not SG related
    https://youtu.be/jFwT7MNZzmg