Straplocks

What's Hot
fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4256
What's the verdict on he newer schaller s locks?   I've used their older ones for years and need to replace but came across a surprising number of negative reviews for their new S design ones.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yes I got some. I'm happy with them. I have the older ones too. I prefer the new ones.

Also use Planet Waves ones. Most others I find too big & clunky.
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • markvmarkv Frets: 463
    I put a set of the new ones on a Yamaha, they're fine. Definitely an improvement on the old ones, although a minor improvement. They're compatible with the old ones, too. What are people complaining about?
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1050
    I dropped the Schaller one years ago, since they rattle rather badly, and wear away too.

The Dunlop ones have no such issues, while they still act/appear like a standard button, should the need arise.
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2554
    Got a set for my 2nd LP, not realising they'd been updated. Much better and they don't rattle, and I can use the strap with my other LP with the old design. And they're what, twenty quid? Winner.
    Tim
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28752
    Not as good as rubber beer washers
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Not had any issue with the Schaller ones myself.  As others have said, the new ones don't rattle and the strap still fits the old ones.
  • MarchMarch Frets: 300
    edited October 2020
    Really like the new ones. Built in hex screw on the button itself removes risk of stripping the screw head when installing on a guitar, fastening mechanism for the strap is simple and elegant solution, plus they are backwards compatible. After years of using Dunlops, I now prefer these on new guitars.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4256
    OK cheers, I'm ordering. 
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    I use these £4.99 a pack on amazon.
    12 Pieces Guitar Strap Locks Silicone Strap Locks Rubber Guitar Strap Blocks Guitar Protector Red and Black
    They work really well.
    I don’t play standing up very often.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11978
    tFB Trader
    The new Schaller S Locks are a step up on the old system - the only snag being tightening that thumb wheel enough, but once you figure to put an allan key through the hole and crank it tight you are good to go.

I still favour the Dunlop series though myself and I keep hundreds of spare buttons for them so you can have them on all your guitars to share the same strap, or just have the big buttons and not need the bit that fixes on your strap at all .

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2537
    I have an unused set of original nickel Schaller strap locks in their packaging doing nothing, you can have them gratis if you want them the only problem being I am unable to get out to post them due to ill health. If you lived near enough you’re welcome to pick them up or if you know someone close to Southampton they can come get them but seems a bit off a faff for some strap locks!  :s
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4256
    Good to know @FelineGuitars ;
     thanks

Cheers @zepp76 ;
    but I've ordered some new ones and eagerly awaiting their arrival :-)

• TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1847
    Only issue with the new ones is that, being one piece and all solid, it’s a fixed angle. So if your strap pin hole is drilled less than straight the button sits tilted rather than flush with the body. The old ones used to self seat flush as there was some play between screw and button.