G&L Tribute series

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I tried a couple of Tribute ASATs at the Auden / Gordon Smith showroom a couple of years ago. They were ok, but the fit and finish of the Gordon Smith equivalent model was better. The G&L Tributes weren't bad, but just a bit average. My son's FSR Mexican Tele is definitely better, but it is particularly good. I've only ever played one American G&L and that was superb - damn impressive to be honest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    munckee said:
    I would say they are slightly ahead of mex standards. Maybe Baja or classic 50s level. 
    Isn't the difference between mex standards and classic 50s that the former has modern specs and the latter has vintage specs?

What makes them different levels?
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I've got a Tribute bass. Its excellent, great value for money. 
    That's intriguing for me with the "dimension" style one. With guitars I've settled down with the 3 types I've got and don't need any others but with bass I'm still at the stage of wanting all the variations.

Don't know if I could ever get over the headstock shape though, as prissy as it is I just hate it.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12886
    thegummy said:
    munckee said:
    I would say they are slightly ahead of mex standards. Maybe Baja or classic 50s level. 
    Isn't the difference between mex standards and classic 50s that the former has modern specs and the latter has vintage specs?

What makes them different levels?
    All the Baja’s classic series and classic players I have tried are a level above new standards. They had better pickups and bridges and tuners from what I could tell. 

Not tried the new vinteras though. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom