Wow ,seems expensive. Facebook marketplace. Cheri stratocaster

What's Hot
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8122
    Indeed. 

There’s another on there @ £400, though. And some asking prices on Reverb/eBay* are just comedy gold. D 

Unfortunately, chancers, optimists and the ill-informed are starting (or trying) to equate Fenix and Cheri/Chevy with the word ‘rare’ (as rare as any moderately obscure MIK (Young Chang/Cort) ‘80’s/‘90’s product can be) - and 9/10, that word equates to pound signs. 

IMHO, *top-end* Fenix Strats and Teles are in the £150-£225-ish bracket - they’re good guitars for the money. Some Cheri models are VERY good, so are a bit more (but not excessively so).

According to some sellers, prices north of £700 for a Cheri Tele represent ‘...a sound investment’ for a ‘...highly desirable...true vintage guitar’, while Fenix Strats @ £300 ‘...can only go up in value.’ I’ll just leave the interest to accrue on my cash in the bank, thanks...

I’d still really like another Cheri/Chevy TL-Heavy Tele, but not *that* much!

*As ever, Sold prices can tell a different story...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Think someone aught to produce a family tree of copies , Fenix became Cheri etc Samick produced these other brands. 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15275
    The seller reasoning appears to be, “this thirty years old MIK guitar is roughly equivalent quality to, say, a Squier CV. The Squier MSRP is £n. Therefore, the old MIK guitar is worth the same. Just talk up the age factor. Some fool will be taken in.”

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8122
    The seller reasoning appears to be, “this thirty years old MIK guitar is roughly equivalent quality to, say, a Squier CV. The Squier MSRP is £n. Therefore, the old MIK guitar is worth the same. Just talk up the age factor. Some fool will be taken in.”

Well, considering that the same seller is hawking "Vintage Orange Drop Sprague Tone Capacitors" at £40 EACH, you've probably hit the nail on the head...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom