Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Rebellion Guitar Co vs World Guitars

What's Hot

Comments

• grayn said:
    For window shopping, I use Sound Affects.  Great shop.
    I refer you to my post in ‘terrible customer service’ thread...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 192
    Music Street in Huntingdon are worth checking out.
    I avoid them. I had two extremely bad experiences with them and gave up. 

Hopefully they're better now as it was... 5 ish years ago? 
    I bought an Eastman SB59 from them about a year ago. As an online transaction, it couldn’t have been any better. They were extremely attentive and really went well beyond my expectations to make sure I was happy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sad if it’s true, less choice and competition is bad for us in the end. Don’t forget Coda for sure, top class service for them every time I’ve bought from them.
  • johnhe said:

I bought an Eastman SB59 from them about a year ago. As an online transaction, it couldn’t have been any better. They were extremely attentive and really went well beyond my expectations to make sure I was happy.
    That is very reassuring to hear indeed. 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2473
    World Guitars was my destination guitar shop for 10 years. I spent a fortune in there and have kept over 2/3 of what I bought, which is a reasonable level of GAS-proofing! Jeff’s service was second to none - I was always guaranteed a coffee and a shower of gratuitous but good-natured verbal abuse. Mark carried on running the shop for the estate after Jeff died, which can’t have been easy. They seem to have less in stock to tempt me these days but that could be because I’ve already bought the stuff I wanted!
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14266
    edited November 2020
    I find it sad to see WG decline like it has, hopefully they will bounce back. They didn't really to get a good Youtube channel with video demos going. They tried in the early days and Rob Chapman worked for them for a while but it fizzled out for some reason, don't know if it was due to cost.

In my opinion the guys at Peach and Andertons have risen to the top as they offer a good in store experience, good online store with good pics (although Andertons is lacking on that front) combined with a box shifter warehouse side for cheaper mass sales products such as effects etc and also a strong online video demos presence with high production qualities.

Jack's demos at Peach of all the high end guitars are excellent, hugely gas inducing and must directly lead to many sales. Same with Andertons videos although they tend to focus more on general new product launches than the specific Top Shelf guitar vids lately, perhaps because the product launches are assisted with some sponsoring to cover some of the costs.

It must be extremely tough out there to keep profit margins. Diversity of sales and marketing with YouTube and videos is now pretty much essential but I'm sure it must be expensive to maintain.

• photekphotek Frets: 1507
    March said:
    World Guitars will continue. One thing is for sure, any enterprise Mark is involved will never see any of my money again.
    What was the trouble with Mark if you don’t mind me asking?
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1128
    Hope they are okay, purchased from them a few times and both good. But just checked and only a couple of dozen new guitars in stock, the rest are pre-owned or available to order.
    Nothing new coming in by the looks of it from any manufacturer. 
    Really hope they are okay, as I said, a couple of decent items from them and another one I am thinking of taking. 
  • I had been in touch with WG about changing my Anderson T top classic to a T icon.  It has been some weeks since I have had any response so, inevitably another plan has formed.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 446
    Looks like the Rebellion Guitar store will be in Dursley near Bristol, saw it on FB
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    The title is actually not far from the truth, but I have it from good authority that WG is not going anywhere, but are trying to rebuild their dealership portfolio. If you take a trip to Companies House filing history, you will be able to read between the lines what has apparently happened.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
    edited December 2020
    Truthfully ?

Ive only used WoRld Guitars post Jeff, and have bought a few expensive pieces. Ive always found their service to be a little ‘stuffy’... quite indifferent at times, and very hard to do a deal.

I recently visite about buying a Huber; id owned one before, so knew my stuff; they took my details for a red one that was incoming, and i never heard from them again. Id even offered a deposit, I seem to recall.

When it came it stock, i contacted them, and again were very indifferent.

Still, might be an isolated experience.
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 413
    Truthfully ?

Ive only used WoRld Guitars post Jeff, and have bought a few expensive pieces. Ive always found their service to be a little ‘stuffy’... quite indifferent at times, and very hard to do a deal.

I recently visite about buying a Huber; id owned one before, so knew my stuff; they took my details for a red one that was incoming, and i never heard from them again. Id even offered a deposit, I seem to recall.

When it came it stock, i contacted them, and again were very indifferent.

Still, might be an isolated experience.
    I've brought 3 guitars from WG this year 2 of which involved part x and I've found them great as I always have - quick replies to emails and willing to negotiate price.

Julian has always offered great service in store and I wish him well.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 10236
    We need places like world guitars to carry on or the choice gets less and less.
    My own experience with Jeff was really good. He was kind enough to put aside a guitar for me for a month with no deposit while I was waiting for a bonus. It then arrived perfectly set up and was a great experience.
    Since he passed away, I don't think they're as good. I've had the no replies to emails and no calls back, once when asking about a trade and another time with a few questions on an Eggle I fancied.

For service, Peach, Coda and guitars4you are hard to beat and probably the only non box-shifters in the game anymore.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    chris78 said:
    For service, Peach, Coda and guitars4you are hard to beat and probably the only non box-shifters in the game anymore.
    I'd add Guitar Village and Vintage & Modern (in Thame) to that list

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1316
    johnhe said:

Bought an Eastman from them in March, good service, decent people. 
  • Guitar Village are the only store that ever call up and ask what kind of set up you want on a new guitar. Various others pretend they have set stuff up  =)
  • Rowby1 said:
    johnhe said:

Bought an Eastman from them in March, good service, decent people. 
    I'm really happy to hear this - I've not been there for a couple of years now, I had repeated bad in-store problems, but it sounds like they may have sorted themselves out (or maybe I was just exceptionally unlucky). 
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 691
    edited December 2020
    March said:
    World Guitars will continue. One thing is for sure, any enterprise Mark is involved will never see any of my money again.
    Since this is the second time you've commented on a thread saying this, might I suggest elaborating if you've got something to say on the topic? The whole "enigmatic" thing is slightly frustrating. 
  • Guitar Village are the only store that ever call up and ask what kind of set up you want on a new guitar. Various others pretend they have set stuff up  =)
    Not true, coda music do that too
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.