Woke up with a semi

What's Hot
oldhorsemurphyoldhorsemurphy Frets: 321
edited November 2020 in Guitar
Well, it's all I could manage. A lazy Sunday of cleaning my guitars, so I thought  I'd put my semi's and my acoustic together for a quick picture. 

First is my Gibson J45 Standard, known as Smokey as the previous owner must've smoked about 80 a day and if you stand downwind of it you can tell!

Next is my Fender AV 72 Thinline. This thing is a super little guitar. 

Then comes my Rickenbacker 330 in Matte Black. I've lusted after one of these for over 30 years when I got on to The Jam (about a decade after they split up as I was a bit too young at the time). 

Finally is a Gibson 335 in faded cherry. It's just a lovely lovely guitar that I bought in memory of my Grandfather. It's not a vintage or a reissue at all, just a standard one I guess. I dreamt about it last night. 

Not too shabby for a bass player eh?

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The cleaning duties must be a pleasure. Interesting choice of instruments too, lot's of tonal variety. Thee 335 is a classic for solid reasons.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks. I try to choose guitars that do different things or sound differently to each other. It makes the choice of which one to use easier, at least in my tiny addled mind!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom