Fishman Fluence pickups.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3001
    edited November 2020
    I wish they did that Prophecy LP black satin in 22 fret. It's basically the modernised LP I've wanted for ages but I'm not really into 24 fret guitars, I lose my bearings a bit and also the pickups so close together looks weird. Back to LTD I go..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My gigging guitar are all set up with EMG 60 (or the P90 version) at the neck and a Seymour Duncan AHB3 in the bridge - I've tried the Het set, which I didnt like far too tight and not enough bass and the Fluence Modern set.

The Fluence Moderns set is okay more distinct and again very tight - given the cost and extra battery usage I'm going back to the EMG60/ABH3 setup when funds allow YMMV :)

Cannot say enough good things about the SD ABH3 - it takes the ABH1 and trims the excessive bass a little – it’s a fantastic pickup!

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25567
    I only tried the SD actives for 5 mins in a Dave Mustaine signature Dean.
    Can't remember a lot about them.

I did like the neck shape on the guitar though. That was very nice.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    I have the classics in one of my guitars.
    I like the two voices on the bridge, on the neck one voice is ok the other one is way too muddy IMO.
    Split coils are noisy which was very disappointing.

I’m not a fan of the build quality at all also. The mounting screws go through an eyelet that has a screw tap and is mounted to the base which is a PCB (!).
    Two out of 4 of these eyelets broke when I screwed the mounting screws in, fixing them in a way that held screws took a mixture of glue and soldering and was a major PITA that took many attempts. I’m not confident they won’t break again one day.
    Probably not an issue if you direct mount though.

Overall I regret them and much prefer the lace alumitones that I discovered recently.
  • I only tried the SD actives for 5 mins in a Dave Mustaine signature Dean.
    Can't remember a lot about them.
    ^ Dont get them they are shite :)

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3001
    Rabs said:
    Love the sound of that through the JCM800! That olive tiger colour looks really cool as well. Wish they'd just do the aged gloss finish on all their guitars or at least the standard/custom. Bet it feels so much better than the usual plasticcy epi rubbish.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25567
    Well, for the moment I've pulled the EMG 81/85 out of my Epi les paul and I'm going to put them in the PRS and see how I get on.

Might as well try to save some money / spend the money on something else!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom