Large scale, 1:1 printing?

Does anybody know where I can order ‘actual size’ 1:1 scale prints online so that I can print my guitar templates? I’ve emailed a bunch of companies and nobody seems to offer that service. The only solution is for me to print out multiple a4 pages but I want to avoid that. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    I get mine printed locally here:
    http://www.ekaservices.co.uk/

I’m positive if you give them a call they will print and post to you!.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Unfortunately it's bad timing otherwise I could have helped. I have access to a large format printer at work, which I have used a lot for accurately sized prints of templates. The bloody thing died a few weeks ago, I'm trying to get it repaired or replaced at the moment.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    You need to be wary. Paper isn't stable. 

For my business I run an A0 plotter . In my office the print will be mm accurate. Take it down the workshop in this weather and it will expand across the roll by up to 5mm depending on the weather. Damp is the problem. 

I'd offer to run prints off for you but because of this limitation is advise findng someone who can print onto vinyl or similar that will remain stable. In which case a signmaker is your best bet, just take them a pdf. 
  • The local snappy snaps?
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1373
    edited November 2020
    I use HandyPrint in my local town, Bromsgrove. I don't know if they'll deliver but previous plans I've had from them have been perfect.

I'm not sure the effect of damp will be significant enough to cause a problem, unless maybe you are using the plans to mark and cut exact fret positions. for a body, neck or headstock template I think any expansion will be negligable once you consider hand sanding tolerances.
  • Thanks a lot guys, I’ll try handyprint and ekaservices, going for the vinyl option if available, or alternatively thicker card stock.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    Thanks a lot guys, I’ll try handyprint and ekaservices, going for the vinyl option if available, or alternatively thicker card stock.
    Card is the same. Better to ask if they can do draughting film.