Pickup suggestion for Hydra

I'm going to be treating myself to a pickup change on for my Mayones Hydra BL6 for my birthday, but I'm not sure what to change them to..
Ideally I want all out brutality in the bridge pickup, but nice cleans in the neck. Splitable is preferred.
 I've been thinking of either:
Ceramic Nailbomb + Cold Sweat Neck
Ceramic Nailbomb + VHII Neck 
Ceramic Warpig + Cold Sweat Neck
Ceramic Warpig + VH Neck

I'm definitely open to suggestions, I've also been looking at some Fishman Fluence sets, I've been recommended both the KSE set and the Abasi set.

Here's some pictures for attention:

Proud user of Aristides and Mayones guitars.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4418
    edited November 2020
    Ive got an Oil City Djenerator in my Soloist and it sounds absolutely massive, but still has loads of clarity (I use quite a lot of gain and tune to drop C).

Not sure what the neck is like;  according to the Oil City website it's a monster, but cleans up nicely too. I've got a set on the way for my RG, so I'll be finding out soon

(Lovely pictures, by the way: I'd really like a Duvell, but it's just a dream for now)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4081

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    tFB Trader
    What does all the metalwork beyond the nut do? It seems a lot for a simple clamp.
  • What does all the metalwork beyond the nut do? It seems a lot for a simple clamp.
    It's literally there just to look nice, and somewhere for the logo
    Proud user of Aristides and Mayones guitars.
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1790
    edited November 2020
    I've always enjoyed using a PATB-2 - it's quite toppy, and compresses easily compared to the more middy PATB-1 (which is one of my favourite pickups ever). Great fun however, and if you get the silly logo off they look pretty distinctive and cool too.

DC Resistance is 21k Ohms (not that this tells you everything)

Heres the blurb: 

https://www.seymourduncan.com/single-product/parallel-axis-distortion?pa_output=high&pa_strings=6&pa_magnet=ceramic,ceramic ;

For the neck, you could go for a matching PATB1 - or the Blues Saraceno voiced model (PATB-3)

If you are looking to treat yourself with some boooooteeeequie pickups - these might be seen as a bit low rent !!!! 

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:

* Hamer SS2 & T62
    * Music Man Luke 1

Please drop me a message.