Absolutely nothing wrong...

What's Hot
...with this at all:

https://i.imgur.com/Du0DhBe.jpg

;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

13reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 10019
    SRV Signature model?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    That’s probably the most bizarre bodge I’ve ever seen.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    That’s probably the most bizarre bodge I’ve ever seen.

Ditto. There's no rational explanation for it whatsoever.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SyncSync Frets: 289
    Odd mod and from that angle looks bodged at that too but it's a £30 guitar so presume it was one of those uber cheap strat copies / kits anyway.

Given a fair percentage of the population can't even follow the directional arrows round a supermarket correctly, maybe just an assembly error with the instructions being read upside-down. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    The only semi-rational explanation I can think of is that the owner wanted to string it left-handed but didn’t realise the strings can be removed from the bridge.

It makes MD Phillips look like Paul Reed Smith.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    I'm not buying it unless he's still got the trem bar.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    The only semi-rational explanation I can think of is that the owner wanted to string it left-handed but didn’t realise the strings can be removed from the bridge.

Not possible - the strings would either be crossing over each other mid-neck, or not have enough reach to be strung up again to the tuners. I genuinely can't think of a rational explanation for this one at all, it's just mad.
  • Plays like buttah.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• ICBM said:

The most genius quote I've read in ages! :lol: 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    looking at the bridge, who ever buys it is going to get saddled with debt trying to sort it out
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Absolute madness! I once bought a Satellite Stratocaster copy for £5 at a car boot sale which had a wooden tremolo block.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    Cut to the chase, H7. When did you acquire it? 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Cut to the chase, H7. When did you acquire it? 
    Even I have standards! :D

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25108
    Bizarre as it is, it looks like it would kind-of, sort-of work.  Although the intonation and string height would be a bit iffy...
  • I'd like to see if @HarrySeven can manage to post a thread without using ellipses in the title. Lame clickbait as per ushe 0/10, absolutely no internets awarded to you sir. 
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    I'd like to see if @HarrySeven can manage to post a thread without using ellipses in the title. Lame clickbait as per ushe 0/10, absolutely no internets awarded to you sir. 
    How dare you! @HarrySeven is the FretBoard equivalent of National Treasure  :o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I'd like to see if Harry Seven can manage to post a thread without using ellipses in the title. 
    By rights, that should be a new, separate Discussion … possibly, even, with wanton misuse of ellipsis in its title. ;) 

mbe said:
    HarrySeven is the FretBoard equivalent of National Gallery.
    FTFY

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbe said:
    HarrySeven is the FretBoard equivalent of National Gallery.
    FTFY

Damned by faint praise! :D

Fart for Fart’s sake.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25108
    mbe said:
    I'd like to see if @HarrySeven can manage to post a thread without using ellipses in the title. Lame clickbait as per ushe 0/10, absolutely no internets awarded to you sir. 
    How dare you! @HarrySeven is the FretBoard equivalent of National Treasure  o
    The first of a poorly-conceived and short-lived film franchise with Nicolas Cage?  I think he's better than that.