Heads up: 15% off at GAK on eBay UK

What's Hot
AlexlotlAlexlotl Frets: 186
eBay UK are running one of their occasional 15% off codes for various vendors, which this time around includes GAK.

Minimum spend £15, maximum discount £60 (so it caps out on a £400 purchase).

I had been GASing after the 2020 Epiphone Les Paul Special in TV Yellow, and this let me nab it for £290 delivered. Will post a NGD when it arrives!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Switch625Switch625 Frets: 603
    edited November 2020
    What's the code - "POPUPNOV15"?

Edit - yes I now see them in the list of merchants. Link to their ebay store - http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/guitarampkeyboard
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    Just be warned that the prices on their eBay shop are often higher than on their own site, so the coupon may not actually do much in the end. You might still get a bit off but possibly not 15% off whatever you might have paid had you gone direct.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks! Blues junior incoming
  • Whitecat said:
    Just be warned that the prices on their eBay shop are often higher than on their own site, so the coupon may not actually do much in the end. You might still get a bit off but possibly not 15% off whatever you might have paid had you gone direct.
    They often bump the price as well. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11726
    Whitecat said:

I did check the prices.  Some items are noticeably cheaper than Andertons even before the discount is applied.

Of course that might mean that Andertons have jacked their prices so that they can announce a "sale" in the coming days.
    Whitecat said:
    They do indeed. I have been comparing a few things and some are genuine offers/bargains but there are quite a few that are almost negligible. Wonder if they base it on popularity or original margin...
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2572
    Whitecat said:
    The official term is to 'do a RichTone'.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2336
    I don't get why they'd do this. Aren't eBay covering the 15%?  So they would be more likely to sell at the properly discounted price with no change to the actual profit margin
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 894
    edited November 2020
    This way they get to earn more money but damage their reputation a little bit.

I'm looking at a Maschine MK3 which is £448.10 on their website and (£479.23 - £60) £419.23 on Ebay which represents a 6.4% saving.
  • AlexlotlAlexlotl Frets: 186
    Caveat emptor, as usual. There are definitely bargains there, though - that’s a killer price for the Les Paul Special, so I’m chuffed.

I’m pretty sure eBay cover at least some of the 15%, all the emails I've had from GAK list the full price of £339 (same as their website, which is already cheaper than Andertons and Gear4Music).
    Fishboy7 said:
    I don't get why they'd do this. Aren't eBay covering the 15%?  So they would be more likely to sell at the properly discounted price with no change to the actual profit margin
    Because greed that's why
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeh I got the blues junior for 493 which is the cheapest I can find around? (Hopefully)
  • KoaKoa Frets: 123
    Slightly more than the website but that makes a Strymon Flint or El Capistan £250 brand new....hardly worth paying used prices
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    A gentle run up to Black Friday.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2336
    £50 off a revivaldrive compact is pretty tempting 
    Fishboy7 said:
    £50 off a revivaldrive compact is pretty tempting 
    That's one of the few things I found that was a decent offer. 
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    edited November 2020
    I just go directly to GAK when I want something and ask for a good discount and always get it.
    There prices on amplifiers are always better than other dealers with free next day courier delivery.
    I don’t like using evil bay.
    Alrighty, despite my moaning I picked up a Meris Polymoon and preset controller. All in all about £45 cheaper than anywhere else with the voucher despite the fact that they had increased the price of the Polymoon by about £9 on eBay. The preset switch was the same price on the GAK site and on eBay but that’s about £8 more expensive than elsewhere. All good in the end though, some nice kit at a savings is never a bad thing. 
  • There are some deals that work out well, Strymon pedals are good for example, but they have hiked the price of a Tone Master Deluxe Reverb up that high that even with £60 off it’s cheaper to use their website. For that reason I would buy one from someone else.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom