PSA: Schecter ex-demo clearout at Guitar Guitar

What's Hot
Had an email about these this morning. There are some fairly hefty discounts, if anyone is in the market for a superstrat or 7-string:

I thought long and hard about the red GT-FR but I can't afford it at the moment...

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steersteer Frets: 1233
    More tempting pretty things that I really don't need. 

Must resist. 
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2572
    This 'classy metal' sector of the market is becoming very homogenised.  

If you look at the body styles alone and ignore the headstock (which most guitar shop ad thumbnails force you to do anyway), it is difficult nowadays to distinguish Schecters from ESP Ltds from Jacksons, especially those with the fade finish flame tops which will look very dated in a couple of years time.  

I presume most of the guitars in this ever increasing, no longer budget price bracket are made in the same factories in Indonesia & China regardless of brand?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25567
    edited November 2020
    LTD and Schecter have been made in the same place for at least 20 years. Obviously then LTD was just called ESP then, but cheaper.

I remember when they had pretty much identical models where just the headstock shape was different.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2554
    LTD and Schecter have been made in the same place for at least 20 years. Obviously then LTD was just called ESP then, but cheaper.

I remember when they had pretty much identical models where just the headstock shape was different.
    Well they're owned by the same company, aren't they? Or have I made that up?
    Tim
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20600
    ^ ESP & Schecter are owned by the same individual (Hisatake Shibuya), but run as completely separate companies (allegedly).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StefB said:
    This 'classy metal' sector of the market is becoming very homogenised.  

If you look at the body styles alone and ignore the headstock (which most guitar shop ad thumbnails force you to do anyway), it is difficult nowadays to distinguish Schecters from ESP Ltds from Jacksons, especially those with the fade finish flame tops which will look very dated in a couple of years time.  

I presume most of the guitars in this ever increasing, no longer budget price bracket are made in the same factories in Indonesia & China regardless of brand?
    Is it more or less homogenised than lespaulstratele? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a Schecter Tele with Monstertone pickups. It was genuinely an absolutely top class vintage-style instrument. USA made. The Indonesian PT I had, after upgrades, was also a hell of a good guitar. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    ^ Agreed. My C1 Classic has the Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz pickup combination.
    Subtle & flexible it is, metal it ain't.
  • @Jetfire yep, that's the one I'd get
    edited November 2020
    I think you probably all knew what I was getting at, and you could have used the Ibanez George Benson & ESP Ron Wood to illustrate the point further I guess.

This is obviously what I was getting at:-

Schecter
    https://imgur.com/6ANHJE2

Jackson
    https://imgur.com/fj7VIoO

ESP
    https://imgur.com/6dhYZMT
    ^ I'm not being obtuse but all I can see are three pictures of one guitar (even the filename is the same)?
    ^ I'm not being obtuse but all I can see are three pictures of one guitar (even the filename is the same)?
    That's my point, they all look the same!  Post now amended, thanks for pointing it out.
  • StefB said:
    That's my point, they all look the same!  Post now amended, thanks for pointing it out.
    I imagine they are the same, or close enough. 

I'm just pointing out that there are plenty of, say, bolt on double cutaway 3 single coil pickup guitars in 50s car colours with some aging applied from lots of manufacturers also. It's not new, it's just something that's perhaps easier to see with the Internet :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3001
    edited November 2020
    Jetfire said:
    Really like these, I'm not really a strat guy but they look great and more exciting than another boring old "vintage correct" Fender to me. Love the subtle inlays, vol/tone layout and side jack. It's a shame they don't have a more sculpted neck heel though, that'd make it spot on for me! Quite fancy the HSS one.

Same for the PT, they're just like a more interesting Fender to me, with better specs too.