10-16” compound neck with a tune-o-matic bridge?

Can this be done? I’ve done some reading and it looks like ideally I’d have an 18” or 20” radius bridge, but tune-o-matics seem to mostly be 12” (I’ve found a 14” too). 

Would filing the slots deeper on the middle four saddles work? Will it look messy? 

I’ve seen the Hipshot Baby Grand and that would be a fun one to use, but that’s 11.5”. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73049
    Ideally you want the bridge radius slightly flatter than the neck - of the the body end on a compound radius - so 20” would be about right. But in practice there’s not a huge difference, especially in the flatter radii - I would try it first before deciding it needs altering. If it does then fairly minimal deepening of the grooves for the middle strings should do it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7897
    edited November 2020
    I've modded many saddles, pretty easy.