Which compensated brass bridge saddles?

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
For my new Harley Benton Tele. I know Gotoh are good but around £20, so I was thinking Wilkinson that are around £10-12.  Any thoughts or other decent makes to consider?  

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I’ve had the Wilkinson, they were fine and did the job.  I think I would try the Gotoh In-Tune saddles if I was buying now, they look great.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    Gotoh In-Tune are ace 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    I prefer the types with the preset compensation determined by the angles at which the intonation screw threads are cut.

Obviously, the swivel screw type is fully adjustable but I do not trust ‘em to stay locked in position. (It is possible that I sometimes lean my palm on the saddles too firmly.)

Allparts (and others) offer “conversion” packs of just the saddles, screws and springs. 

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Voxman said:
    For my new Harley Benton Tele. I know Gotoh are good but around £20, so I was thinking Wilkinson that are around £10-12.  Any thoughts or other decent makes to consider?  

I'm not entirely sure but some saddles only work for certain Tele Bridge plates, eg the Wilko ones are Asian Spec and won't work on a USA Tele bridge plate.

I have a cut side Tele bridge I bought from Northwest Guitar Parts for about £20 which I like, top load as well with reversible compensated brass saddles. With the saddles on on the compensated side, I couldn't get them to intonate but on the non compensated side the intonation was perfect!
  • Callaham 'Enhanced Vintage Compensated Tele Saddles'. I even ended up replacing the Wilkinson saddles on my Suhr Classic T with them.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20600
    If you do decide to go down the Wilkinson route, I have a new unused set that I got ages ago & never got round to fitting.
    You can have them for free if you want but it would be nice to maybe make a donation to tFB?   ;)
    No worries if not wanted :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    I've got Wilkinsons on my partscaster, they work fine, even if they are brass.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    edited November 2020
    If you do decide to go down the Wilkinson route, I have a new unused set that I got ages ago & never got round to fitting.
    You can have them for free if you want but it would be nice to maybe make a donation to tFB?  
    No worries if not wanted
    That's a super kind offer and I've pm'd you, thank you so much. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20600
     ;)  :+1:  
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8892
    tFB Trader
    The gotoh’s are perfect.
  • ricorico Frets: 1221
    In tune gotoh are great