SG Juniors with Bigsbys?

What's Hot
Such a thing or would the intonation be all over the place? 
I suppose a trem on a Junior defeats the purpose ...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1693
    I don’t know about intonation but from a looks perspective I can’t imagine it’s a good idea. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 8078
    edited November 2020
    Its works just fine with a wraparound, however you do need to convert it to a rocking bridge

The bottom edges of this wraparound are round and swivel on the studs, intonation is still good!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • In my luthier days I built one. But it was made to be such and so had a roller tune o matic on it and bigsby. I guess it was only a jr in the sense it has just one pickup. 
    I thought it looked cool and I got lots of compliments on it. 
  • I have a LP Special with a bigsby and just the wrap around bridge and it’s great, no issues at all
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25108
    Its works just fine with a wraparound, however you do need to convert it to a rocking bridge

The bottom edges of this wraparound are round and swivel on the studs, intonation is still good!
    Does someone make a rocking replacement for the PRS bridge, or was that a DIY job?
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 464
    Gibson used to ship a version of the SG Junior with a Vibrola. Set up right they're lovely
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    A vintage-style plain wraparound with no string notches won’t work, but any other kind will. You may need to make it rock as Winny_Pooh said, although it’s just about possible that if the grooves are fairly short, very smooth and lubricated it will be OK without.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I came across a video of a 60s junior with a vibrola. Looked really cool. I suppose an after market bridge on the existing SG junior bridge might not work very well....