NEW: Korg SDD-3000 Digital Delay

What's Hot
dano91dano91 Frets: 24
edited July 2014 in FX
Korg have just announced a reissue of the SDD-3000 rack mounted digital delay in pedal format.

Think it's one of the delays that The Edge used on a lot of U2 stuff. His guitar tech has helped design it, and it looks pretty versatile.

What are all you delay fanatics thinking about this one?

Here's lots of info about it.

And the guitar tech speaking about it:

Dolphin Music are taking orders.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dano91dano91 Frets: 24
    edited July 2014
    Sound clips here:
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22613
    Just what the world needs. More U2 delay demos on Youtube...

Looks like it could be quite a pedal though. Loving the stereo ins and outs and the modulation waveform options. 

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    That looks like a vox delaylab casing, korg and vox are owned by the same company right?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24880
    That looks like an interesting pedal - I wish Boss would be more willing to revisit their past. I appreciate this is not a reissue in the classic sense but I reckon Boss could shift bucket-loads of CE-2s, DM-2s, DD-2s, etc.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10617

We have the original rack unit in the studio, awesome bit of kit into the front of an amp
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    richardhomer;290085" said:
    That looks like an interesting pedal - I wish Boss would be more willing to revisit their past. I appreciate this is not a reissue in the classic sense but I reckon Boss could shift bucket-loads of CE-2s, DM-2s, DD-2s, etc.
    I'm pretty sure with the pedals you listed its specifically a matter of having a supply of the right chips.
  • guitarmanglerguitarmangler Frets: 607
    edited July 2014
    dano91;19419" said:
    Korg have just announced a reissue of the SDD-3000 rack mounted digital delay in pedal format.

Think it's one of the delays that The Edge used on a lot of U2 stuff. His guitar tech has helped design it, and it looks pretty versatile.

What are all you delay fanatics thinking about this one?

Here's lots of info about it.

And the guitar tech speaking about it: 

Dolphin Music are taking orders.
    On that video he's said SDD so many times that it started sounding like STD.Fast forward on that video to 2.25 where he appears to say" I don't go anywhere without an STD".
    It's been a long day, I'll get my coat...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyone played one of these ?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Any demos I've found just batter that U2 sound to death and I really don't like that sound. 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31252
    A mate of mine has and has raved about it - he's a timeline man and said the korg is much more organic Free the tone have a new offering coming out soon

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Just going from soundclips I agree, I think it sounds better
  • I don't really have a clue when it comes to midi control, but my plan was to save up enough to have a Timeline, Big Sky and Mobius all linked up via midi to a HD500x and use the midi control functions of the HD500x to change presets etc.

Does anyone know if the same thing would be possible if instead of a Timeline it was a Big Sky, Mobius and SDD-3000? I.e. one foot switch changes presets on all 3.