More from the new ACD/DC album

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I hear what you're saying, but there are definitely ones I listen to more or less than others so for me they are not all the same. Some of the others have stronger songs but I feel this has less filler than usual and a much better production. As a massive DC fan I genuinely love this album and I'm relieved to say that haha.   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    edited November 2020
    I’m loving it. Listened to it half a dozen times over the weekend and it’s every bit as good as I’d hoped it would be.

Think there’s one track I’m not too keen on (Kick You When You’re Down), a couple of absolute crackers and the rest are very good.
  • Really like it. Its in the top 3 for me for Johnson era albums

1 Back in Black   
    2.Power Up 
    3 For those about to rock 
    4 Black Ice   
    5 onwards - dont bother
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Think that’s a pretty good list there.

• RabsRabs Frets: 2618
    tFB Trader
    I would have to include The Razors Edge just because of Thunderstruck.. Its what got me in to them in the first place..

I havent had a proper chance to listen to the album in full yet but I will and am looking forward to it.. It certainly sounds like more effort was put in to this album than they have done for a long time.
  • Rabs said:
    I would have to include The Razors Edge just because of Thunderstruck.. Its what got me in to them in the first place..

I havent had a proper chance to listen to the album in full yet but I will and am looking forward to it.. It certainly sounds like more effort was put in to this album than they have done for a long time.
    Yeah I did find post For Those about to Rock each album had 1 good track on it, maybe 2. The others just seemed they'd phoned them in.  Black Ice and Power Up just seem to be far more complete albums - hardly any filler
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2618
    edited November 2020 tFB Trader
    Rabs said:

Yeah I did find post For Those about to Rock each album had 1 good track on it, maybe 2. The others just seemed they'd phoned them in.  Black Ice and Power Up just seem to be far more complete albums - hardly any filler
    I have made my own mix album from the one or two great songs that you find on most of their albums (post Back in Black).. Its awesome 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7817
    edited November 2020
    It's a decent album, but with no standout songs like Rock or Bust / Rock n Roll Train unfortunately.
  • I thought Rock or Bust and Black Ice were fairly average efforts, I never listen to them now; this new one is better but I still think Stiff Upper Lip is much better, their last really good album.

On the other hand, I don’t really like Razors Edge but I do like Flick of the Switch and part of Fly on the wall so I’m probably in the minority :)