Amazon order denied. WTF?

What's Hot
KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20606
OK, so I hear about the Behringer HellBabe tweakable wah & think, oooh! impulse purchase time.
Search web, find best price is on Amazon so away I go.
Sign in, search for item which shows up as in stock & available for Prime, so add it to basket, click on my default delivery address and go to checkout... only to be denied a purchase.
Tried again repeatedly, no joy. Bought an unrelated item to test things, no problem.
So it seems that for some reason I cannot buy this Behringer item.

Screen shot before going to checkout

Screen shot on attempting purchase

I should reiterate that my shipping address is fully verified and is the default address.
I'm baffled...  :s
Anyone else had similar problems, or if you have UK Prime accounts, could you please try to reproduce this outcome (not actually committing to buying the pedal though).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1432
    I have Prime and it does the same for me.  I've had it before, but I think that was with something that was in stock overseas.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • There was a similar Discussion on here a few weeks ago about another Behringer product ( a mic?) that couldn't actually be ordered with, I'm fairly sure, this exact problem. So, something at their end. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20606
    @Bod  @EricTheWeary   Thanks for that, it does seem to be the case that Behringer need to get their online selling stuff together.
    I'll try raising the issue with both parties. Cheers.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15281
    Would the purchase be permitted if not using Amazon Prime? (My thought here is that it may not be possible to meet the Amazon UK Prime delivery time stipulations.) 

In the final analysis, the Behringer HB-01 is a rip off of the Morley Bad Horsie 2, made from less durable parts.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2633
    Guy at Sweetwater (in the US) told me that Behringer manufacturing was hit hard by COVID quarantine stuff in China and everything was months behind.  I'm guessing this is your problem.

I had two Behringer pedals on backorder for about 6 months, finally got them mid October.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20606
    Would the purchase be permitted if not using Amazon Prime? (My thought here is that it may not be possible to meet the Amazon UK Prime delivery time stipulations.) 

In the final analysis, the Behringer HB-01 is a rip off of the Morley Bad Horsie 2, made from less durable parts.
    Honestly I don't know. What I do believe is that if the item is shown there as being in stock and available for delivery by Prime then it should be fulfilled as advertised.
    As to the pedal being a rip off of the Morley Bad Horsie 2.
     Hmmm, let me think, £41 
    against £139, home use, never to be gigged... strokes chin, answer is no competition, I'll take the clone  ;)
    I already have a Dunlop GCB95 and a Dunlop Cry Baby with Fasel inductor, so shelling out more than I paid for both of them plus a Behringer, for the Morley just isn't what I'd want to do.

• I have had similar issues with Amazon in the past on other products.

They often use third party distributors, so state that items are in stock when actually they are wholly reliant on someone else’s information flow and timeline.

I got into an argument with them as they refused to admit their unreliability (I just wanted to know - should I shop elsewhere or not ??!!).
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1274
    By the looks of it, Amazon can't sell it within the UK.
    If you go to Amazon.de, you can buy it, but you have to pay €6 for delivery.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25112

For what it's worth, I tried out of interest and got the same "can't be sent to your address" message.  I also have Prime.

I'm starting to hate Amazon.  Yes they are great for prompt delivery of in-stock items but their customer service, when you need to contact them, is nowhere near what it was and the website itself has become very poor in terms of product descriptions, filtered searches etc.  Amazon Marketplace is like the Wild West.  They're too big and don't have enough competition to keep them on their toes.

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    I've had a bottle of Mole Xocolatl cocktail bitters on order from Amazon for months. It's sold by Amazon, despatched by Amazon EU I think. No idea where the warehouse is. I keep cancelling it and reordering it when the price goes down on it, because shipping is always "pending delivery date." Stock levels fluctuate - have gone from 1 to 9 at the point of my fresh orders, and the stupid thing never ships. They've given me a £5 credit already "for the inconvenience" when I asked what it might take to get this order processed correctly, but there still seems to be no way to "force" it to ship, the CS agents can't help at all with actually getting it to me. It is now a game and I refuse to cancel - I want to see how long this order can stay "live" for... although I'd be perfectly happy if I just got the damn thing.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25112

I ordered a webcam at the start of the lockdown in March - when demand for such things suddenly shot up.  I think it was a Samsung, cost £75 and they took the payment although it wasn't in stock (I don't think they normally do that for out of stock items). 

It sat there for months, with the price going up and up, close to £200, even though it was now listed as unavailable.  I didn't want to cancel, because although they now had loads of webcams they were all no-name brands on Marketplace.  Eventually I gave up - turned out I didn't really need a webcam for work - and cancelled.  I thought they might claim I'd never paid, but to be fair the refund came though fine.

• gubblegubble Frets: 1826
    i've previously purchased this wah pedal and I'm thinking Amazon have done you a favour and saved you £41.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10105
    Ive tried to order it, and got exactly the same screen as you.

At £41, clearly its coming from abroad and therefore is not viable.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    Whoa ! WAH ....

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11726
    Philly_Q said:

For what it's worth, I tried out of interest and got the same "can't be sent to your address" message.  I also have Prime.

I'm starting to hate Amazon.  Yes they are great for prompt delivery of in-stock items but their customer service, when you need to contact them, is nowhere near what it was and the website itself has become very poor in terms of product descriptions, filtered searches etc.  Amazon Marketplace is like the Wild West.  They're too big and don't have enough competition to keep them on their toes.

They mess you around on prices as well.  My wife put something in the basket that she wanted me to check out before buying.  The next day, it had gone up by £10.  I went to the Amazon website on my office PC, and added it to the basket at the original price, and only logged in and paid at that point.

One of my work colleagues had something similar with something he had in his basket for a couple of days.

I recently bought a router (the woodworking type) in the last Prime day sale.  I'd spotted it a couple of days before inteh Warehouse.  Sure enough they had "20% off" in the Prime day sale, but it was 20% off the listed original price, not 20% off the price it had been the day before.  I bought it anyway, as it was cheaper than it was available elsewhere.  Maybe I shouldn't have.

By the time you add their tax dodging shenanigans, they leave a very foul taste.
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    edited December 2020
    I’ve had the same can’t deliver to your address problem on some items over the last couple of months.
    Have had a few phone conversations with amazon who don’t have a clue.
    I’ve got a Behringer Hell Babe Wah pedal and it’s terrific.