Guitarbuild neck choices - advice?

Morning all

I know a few on here have used Guitarbuild necks, and talk highly of them. I'm thinking of ordering one to go with a nice swamp ash Strat body I made a few years back.

I'd be happy with a Mighty Mite/Allparts, but trying to find either a right-hand reverse, or even a left-hand neck is hard at the minute.

Guitarbuild's prices seem fair - the decision I'm erring on is whether or not to pony up the extra £55 for the two-piece construction. Mostly because this swaps the vintage truss rod for a modern two-way.

Is this a waste of time? I can't think I've ever had a neck that needed relief forcing in to it, so 99% of me thinks the vintage truss rod would be fine. I'm not bothered about fancy woods, so it would only be for the two-way truss rod. 

Also I'm guessing that the paddle headstock has enough material for me to copy a pre-CBS small Strat peghead? I've seen paddle necks that don't. I fully understand why Guitarbuild wouldn't want to get involved with copying Fender's most treasured copyright, but for a one-off personal project I'm not quite so concerned :)

Any advice?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2357
    tFB Trader

Is this the sort of thing you're looking for, this is the last one I had in stock, sold a couple of days ago. I can make you one, it won't be as cheap as the ones made in Indonesia (Mighty Mite), but it will be handmade to your specification. If it is drop us a line.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• randellarandella Frets: 4386
    Hi @GSPBASSES - PM sent!