Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

And one for the Prince fans - with a healthy wallet of around 10K plus

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 528
    edited November 2020 tFB Trader
    I'm not sure of all the details but you could order/buy the cloud guitars through one of the NPG shops. There was the one in Camden and a few others worldwide I think - Tokyo and Miami come to mind (as he had his nightclubs in these cities iirc).
    Prince never "owned" the guitar and unless it is one of the prototypes he probably didn't even lay eyes on it. No idea how many were sold through the shops.

It isn't all that special, except it's one of the first retail models of the guitar. There have been a couple of runs since - Schecter made a batch that were sold at gigs and the estate was taking orders for some Schecter made models a while ago - no idea if they ever got made though.

BTW, the NPG store wasn't a "pop-up" - it was a permanent store and was there for a few years. I used to pop in any time I was in Camden hoping to find unreleased music.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• BTW, the NPG store wasn't a "pop-up" - it was a permanent store and was there for a few years. I used to pop in any time I was in Camden hoping to find unreleased music.

Did you find any good stuff there?  Didn't the shop sell clothes too?
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8362
    I'm not sure of all the details but you could order/buy the cloud guitars through one of the NPG shops. There was the one in Camden and a few others worldwide I think - Tokyo and Miami come to mind (as he had his nightclubs in these cities iirc).
    Prince never "owned" the guitar and unless it is one of the prototypes he probably didn't even lay eyes on it. No idea how many were sold through the shops.

It isn't all that special, except it's one of the first retail models of the guitar. There have been a couple of runs since - Schecter made a batch that were sold at gigs and the estate was taking orders for some Schecter made models a while ago - no idea if they ever got made though.

BTW, the NPG store wasn't a "pop-up" - it was a permanent store and was there for a few years. I used to pop in any time I was in Camden hoping to find unreleased music.

You may be right but the inscription by the tech suggests an intriguing 'possibility' of something more...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 528
    tFB Trader

I picked up the 15 track version of the NPG "Goldnigga" album there (which I sold for £150 a few years ago when I snagged the 16 track version). Didn't find anything else I wanted to spend money on - there were overpriced candles and crap like that.

I think they had some VHS tapes that were exclusive at the time - I want to say they were selling the Undertaker tapes for £50 or something crazy but my memory is hazy now. It was more him trying to become a lifestyle brand with incense/candles and jewellery than an outlet for his music, tbh.
    I usually ended up buying bootlegs from Camden Market across the street!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 1121

I wonder how much the guy from essex recording studios is planning to bid on that.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• BTW, the NPG store wasn't a "pop-up" - it was a permanent store and was there for a few years. I used to pop in any time I was in Camden hoping to find unreleased music.

I picked up the 15 track version of the NPG "Goldnigga" album there (which I sold for £150 a few years ago when I snagged the 16 track version). Didn't find anything else I wanted to spend money on - there were overpriced candles and crap like that.

I think they had some VHS tapes that were exclusive at the time - I want to say they were selling the Undertaker tapes for £50 or something crazy but my memory is hazy now. It was more him trying to become a lifestyle brand with incense/candles and jewellery than an outlet for his music, tbh.
    I usually ended up buying bootlegs from Camden Market across the street!

Nice memories for you.

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9122
    Does anyone know how to navigate the site to find what this went for?  Just had a look and got nowhere.  Just out of casual nosiness, basically :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3276
    JerkMoans said:
    Does anyone know how to navigate the site to find what this went for?  Just had a look and got nowhere.  Just out of casual nosiness, basically :D 

"Sold for £22,940 inc. BP. Lot 413 - An Andy Beech made Prince music Cloud guitar"

From GH FB page.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9122
    blobb said:
    JerkMoans said:

"Sold for £22,940 inc. BP. Lot 413 - An Andy Beech made Prince music Cloud guitar"

From GH FB page.
    Bit outta my budget, then :D 

Thanks, @blobb ;
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    One of the ugliest guitars ever. If I was a millionaire I would buy it just to set fire to it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MarchMarch Frets: 300
    blobb said:
    JerkMoans said:

From GH FB page.
    Strewth! You can currently get four Gary Moore Signature LP's for that price... ;)