Little wood screws - where to get them ?

I'm fitting a loaded scratchplate with active electronics and a battery box to a Strat.  The battery box takes 4 tiny screws... I've measured the holes and I think I need M2.5 x 10mm countersunk wood screws.  Ideally in black but silver will do.

Where do you guys get your little screws from ?
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'd be hunting around for old electrical bits n bobs that have become redundant and shoved in the back of a drawer to see if I could find anything suitable.  Otherwise you'll be ordering a bag of 100 or a big 'variety pack' only to use 4. I think that would be a No.3 screw
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7344
    tFB Trader
    Emp_Fab said:
    I'm fitting a loaded scratchplate with active electronics and a battery box to a Strat.  The battery box takes 4 tiny screws... I've measured the holes and I think I need M2.5 x 10mm countersunk wood screws.  Ideally in black but silver will do.

Where do you guys get your little screws from ?
    AllParts. I can send 4 of these if you like? Phillips head #2 x 1/2 inch

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25599
    Very kind of you Steve, but I've ordered an assorted box of countersunk black machine screws - which will probably (possibly!) come in handy for future work on electronics stuff.... maybe !  I'm going to lightly glue the battery box in so the screws will be largely cosmetic now...  they should still screw into the wood though, despite being fine thread.  A little drop of wood glue on the threads should help too.  Thanks anyway.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."