NGD with video! Fender Jazzmaster (American Original 60's)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• brooombrooom Frets: 1193
    edited November 2020
    I actually think the AV 65 reissues are quite close to the pickups I had on my original 1965 jazzmaster. Not doubting that the Mojos are great, but maybe they'll be an improvement for someone looking for a different jazzmaster sound and not so much an improvement in terms of being closer to the original ones?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AV / AO pickups were a vast improvement over the AVRI 62 ones and are perfectly usable. Mojos are as big an improvement again. 
    Swapped the pickups out of my CS jazzmaster for mojos. Massive improvement 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thefezthefez Frets: 131
    Great looking guitar and great playing.

Thanks to whoever said push the tremolo arm down as far as possible, I had the same problem and now all sorted (only a squier cv though).
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I really enjoyed that, some very good playing!

I'd be so much more interested in NGD threads if they included a video example like this. Wouldn't necessarily have to be as impressive playing as this either, just videos of whatever the new owner can do.
  • thegummy said:
    I really enjoyed that, some very good playing!

I'd be so much more interested in NGD threads if they included a video example like this. Wouldn't necessarily have to be as impressive playing as this either, just videos of whatever the new owner can do.
    Amazing playing - thanks for sharing !

Not sure I will ever be confident enough to put up a NGD video. Perhaps I will make that my next project/challenge.

Could I deal with the sound of silent tumbleweed ? Hmmm...
  • smogfallssmogfalls Frets: 148
    edited November 2020
    brooom said:
    Do you still think it's worth changing the pickups?

I'll definitely still get myself a set of the Mojo pickups to see what I prefer, but I do actually dig these pure 65's.. the bridge is definitely a little underpowered for my tastes but the neck pickup is very nice. If I run the volume down a couple notches it calms that aggressive top end nicely and it's good to know it's lying in wait for if I need it though.
    My Youtube Channel - Vintage Jazz, Blues & Country lessons;

https://youtube.com/@alexfarranguitar

https://instagram.com/alexfarranguitar
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1193
    smogfalls said:
    brooom said:
    Do you still think it's worth changing the pickups?

I'll definitely still get myself a set of the Mojo pickups to see what I prefer, but I do actually dig these pure 65's.. the bridge is definitely a little underpowered for my tastes but the neck pickup is very nice. If I run the volume down a couple notches it calms that aggressive top end nicely and it's good to know it's lying in wait for if I need it though.
    That is exactly how my old 1965 jazzmaster reacted, the bridge was a little underpowered when compared to the neck and it could get a lot of high-end frequencies, but you could easily tame it by dialing back tone and/or volume. Cool guitar and you sound great through it. Enjoy.