New Mesa Recto: Badlander

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24498

I'm liking this.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spirit7spirit7 Frets: 340
    Sounds like every amp Ola plays through to be fair (like him).  It's got an upper end thing that I'm not sure I like.  Can't put my finger on it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Quite like the sound of that! I’m sure I won’t like the UK pricing though, not that I need one anyway...!
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3060
    edited November 2020
    I'd love one. Price is apparently the same as the multiwatt dual rectifier which is £2444 on thomann
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
    It won't sound as good as an original Rev G.

But I'm probably not the target market since I don't like any of the sounds he's getting. I like them for the non-typical sounds they do.

They seem to have bought all the old stock of Maplins knobs too...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24498
    ICBM said:
    It won't sound as good as an original Rev G.

But I'm probably not the target market since I don't like any of the sounds he's getting. I like them for the non-typical sounds they do.

I had a Rev G. Bought it from Chandlers in about 96-97

I sold it when they weren't popular. Like a right donkey.

Never used it with a drive pedal either - just a Pearly Gates pickup for that gritty mid hump instead. Was excellent.
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 340
    Agree with all of that.  It sounds a little too "high definition" for me, more like a Diezel - doesn't seem to have the Mesa uniqueness that you find in a Mark or good Recto.  
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3992
    edited November 2020
    I love Mesa and many of their amps, but they do have a tendency to make me wonder "what is this for?" with new product releases. Like they seem to release stuff that the most obvious direct competitor for is something they already make.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    ICBM said:

that's the first thing I though of :)
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 254
    Stevepage said:
    I'd love one. Price is apparently the same as the multiwatt dual rectifier which is £2444 on thomann

Coda have the head verson advertised for £2049.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3060
    Habanero said:
    Stevepage said:

Coda have the head verson advertised for £2049.
    I was just about to post the link till I saw this. That's quite reasonable for a Mesa.
    Mesa prices will be much lower in the UK now they've bypassed Westside.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm not in the market for one, but I can see these selling well. An updated version of the old two channel recto's, that doesn't need a boost for metal and with a built in reactive load and impulse responses. Rack mountable too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyone got one of these yet??

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good tones here.

But this is the most jarring gear video I've ever seen! :lol:

The jump between beer-swiggin' Britbongman, and super-clean-super-salesman Ameribongman .... made me actually giggle.

Really nice tones though. At 3:35 .... tasty crunches!!!! My ribs hurt there's so much crunch!

Bye!

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I liked the Jamie Humphries demo with the Pantera type stuff.  Sounded ace to me.
  • Yep, sounds great here too:

Bring on the Badlander Mini 25!
  • I really want one of these right now.

Got major AMP GASSSSSSSSSSSS

Bye!

• I've done a thing. A bad thing. Will let you know when it lands. I hope it doesn't land badly, and I hope I don't fall badly down the stairs from the top of the landing when badly carrying it upstairs to it's new homeland.

Bye!

2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I've done a thing. A bad thing. Will let you know when it lands. I hope it doesn't land badly, and I hope I don't fall badly down the stairs from the top of the landing when badly carrying it upstairs to it's new homeland.
    How far can a small Japanese woman throw a large valve amplifier from a first floor window? Answers on a postcard!!

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I've done a thing. A bad thing. Will let you know when it lands. I hope it doesn't land badly, and I hope I don't fall badly down the stairs from the top of the landing when badly carrying it upstairs to it's new homeland.
     <3