Joe barden telecaster pickup shoot out

What's Hot
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• This is awesome. I've always been warned about these pickups, and how unforgiving/exacting they are. But damn I love that sound.
  • @bermudianbrit they are my favourites 
  • I fitted a set of Barden S Deluxe pick ups to one of my Strats.
    very powerful and dynamic, but, still sounds like a Strat.
  • @veldt666 ive never tried strat one I’d like to though 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2482
    Nice review James. I had Joe Barden pickups in a couple of Teles in the 90s. I liked the neck pickup very much, in fact it remains one of my favourite Tele neck pickups. I wasn’t won over by the bridge pickup though: It certainly had that Tele spank but to my ear it lacked the harmonics of a good vintage type s/c Tele bridge pickup that give those lovely ‘piano tones’ on the lower strings. Horses for courses I know but I sold the bridge pickups and held onto the necks.

In the noughties I fitted a pair of Joe Barden Duo-Tone (later renamed Two-Tone) full size tappable humbuckers to an Alder-bodied Tele and really liked them for the melodic rock the band was playing at that time. Very versatile.

In your three guitar comparison the Bardens sounded very similar to my ear but that’s listening on an iPad so not a fair appraisal really.

I look forward to your videos James. Keep ‘em coming! :)
  • @Jimbro66 they sound similar to me to 
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2527
    The JBE pickups of today are nothing like the old ones that Danny used wound by Joe. I had a few sets of the originals over the years and an early 90's Gatton Custom Shop Tele.....to be honest I never really liked the bridge pickup....great neck pickup though. Have some Alan Hamel and Ron Ellis now in my Tele's...happy with those. 
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Not even been two weeks since he beat Donald Trump and he's already got a signature guitar!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20601
    My bad, but why can't I view this thread title & not see Joe Biden telecaster ?  ;)