Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4127
    To me, that's like saying Slash plays a strat sometimes, so let's do a signature strat. So wrong.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've played his V. It's left handed so I have no idea how it actually plays. 

At least these are based on guitars Jimi did use, and the V was a specific special-order, so we know it was something he wanted.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1847
    Lebarque said:
    To me, that's like saying Slash plays a strat sometimes, so let's do a signature strat. So wrong.
    Not quite. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32394
    Lebarque said:
    The V and SG were all over his later recordings, and big part of his later stage sound. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    I50 SG's to be made
    125 right hand V's and 25 left hand V's to be made

Each around 10K dollars according to one press release - which I believe is going to be around £9K in the UK 

Go back home and tell the wife you've just spent 9K on a new guitar, that will will certainly be a new Experience 
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8361
    I wonder£ what on earth£ has£ prompted the£ release of£ these£?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 779
    At the prices Gibson seems to be positioning the majority of their artist models at lately, these almost become irrelevant to pass comment on.

Made to be stored in vaults, who cares.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1223
    Hattigol said:

I think the answer is in your post but I can't quite put my finger on it.  =)

That said if I had the money I would be buying that SG.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1223
    It's an obvious thing to say - but worth saying I think - that Jimi sounds so different playing Gibsons. 

"There is a red house over yonder..." indeed.
  • Urghh. Cash in. Boring. 
    tFB Trader
    LPManic said:
    Hattigol said:

I think the answer is in your post but I can't quite put my finger on it.  =)

That said if I had the money I would be buying that SG.
    I agree the price is high and beyond what many would be willing to pay - But a mix of only 300 for the world, I would not expect them to be unsold in a few weeks time - So it might not be for many FB members, but for the 300 potential customers, then I'm sure it will be a great experience to part with their $'s or £'s
  • Trogly will no doubt have already got his order in. I look forward to the review episode where he first explains to us who this guy Jimi Hendrix is.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've just read Cesar's press release and he thanked Janie Hendrix and the whole 'Authentic Hendrix' team. I presume they have strict rules around who can use his name and it has to pass by them. 
  • Trogly will no doubt have already got his order in. I look forward to the review episode where he first explains to us who this guy Jimi Hendrix is.

I swear that guy is being paid backhanded by Gibson. 
  • I've just read Cesar's press release and he thanked Janie Hendrix and the whole 'Authentic Hendrix' team. I presume they have strict rules around who can use his name and it has to pass by them. 
    I think Hendrix’s ‘sister’ Janie is notoriously ‘protective’ of the Hendrix brand. 
    tFB Trader
    I've just read Cesar's press release and he thanked Janie Hendrix and the whole 'Authentic Hendrix' team. I presume they have strict rules around who can use his name and it has to pass by them. 
    I think Hendrix’s ‘sister’ Janie is notoriously ‘protective’ of the Hendrix brand. 
    I think we all would based on the income stream it can produce 
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 779
    Trogly will no doubt have already got his order in. I look forward to the review episode where he first explains to us who this guy Jimi Hendrix is.
    I do find the guy annoying, but still always end up watching.

Ironically he wasnt too impressed with the Adam Jones Les Paul's people were getting hysterical about. He also wasn't impressed with those ludicrously expensive Tony Iommi SG's released some time ago. You don't seem to get a flawlessly accurate Gibson model even at these prices.
    tFB Trader
    I've just read Cesar's press release and he thanked Janie Hendrix and the whole 'Authentic Hendrix' team. I presume they have strict rules around who can use his name and it has to pass by them. 
    I think we all would based on the income stream it can produce