Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Hendrix Custom V & SG

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25109
    Of course it's an enormous cash-in and I won't be buying one (or giving Janie any of my money), but I think they are legitimate "Hendrix models" and they are very cool guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8361
    I've just read Cesar's press release and he thanked Janie Hendrix and the whole 'Authentic Hendrix' team. I presume they have strict rules around who can use his name and it has to pass by them. 
    I think Hendrix’s ‘sister’ Janie is notoriously ‘protective’ of the Hendrix brand. 
    Not saying she is keen on money but she is rumoured to have dropped a nickel once and she bent down to pick it up so quickly, it hit her on the back of her head...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    I'd buy one like a shot if it meant I could play like him but unfortunately the guitar that makes me play better hasn't been invented.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I've just read Cesar's press release and he thanked Janie Hendrix and the whole 'Authentic Hendrix' team. I presume they have strict rules around who can use his name and it has to pass by them. 
    I think Hendrix’s ‘sister’ Janie is notoriously ‘protective’ of the Hendrix brand. 
    I think we all would based on the income stream it can produce 
    Heard you the first time.. ;)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    Hattigol said:
    Not saying she is keen on money but she is rumoured to have dropped a nickel once and she bent down to pick it up so quickly, it hit her on the back of her head...
    That made me laugh not heard that one before haha! 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    Not too protective considering the millions of things she puts his name to.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32394
    I think we all would based on the income stream it can produce 
    It's shortsighted though. A whole generation has grown up thinking he's an out-of-tune noise merchant on YouTube, having no easy access to his fabulous pop songs.  

His songwriting legacy will continue to fizzle out until Janie dies and someone who actually likes his music obtains the rights to it. 
    I've been looking at the Hendrix discography on Wikipedia.  I'd kept track of the first few reissues and "new" releases under Janie's oversight, but there have been an astonishing number of odds-and-sods collections, compilations and semi-official live albums.  I think I'll stick with the original stuff and the first few posthumous releases.
  • Trogly will no doubt have already got his order in. I look forward to the review episode where he first explains to us who this guy Jimi Hendrix is.

I swear that guy is being paid backhanded by Gibson. 
    Why would he hide if he was? I like Trogly, but as a brand ambassador, I can think of millions of people Id like first.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7249
    In fairness the new Maui concert looks amazing and the 'Songs for Groovy Children' release is fantastic. 

But she still used his name to endorse vodka which is v tasteful considering he died of a booze and barbiturates OD. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Trogly will no doubt have already got his order in. I look forward to the review episode where he first explains to us who this guy Jimi Hendrix is.

I swear that guy is being paid backhanded by Gibson. 
    Why would he hide if he was? I like Trogly, but as a brand ambassador, I can think of millions of people Id like first.  

No idea. Just messing to be honest. He's his own market. Hype a second hand guitar, pretend to be an expert (low level setups) then sell for double. Fair play but I'd never buy from him.
    I'm surprised she hasn't used his name to endorse lighter fluid. She's missed a trick there.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    I'm surprised she hasn't used his name to endorse lighter fluid. She's missed a trick there.
    excellent 
  • Paul Davids has got his hands on them:

• MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    edited November 2020
    I played one of the Hendrix guitars that hung on the walls of the Hard Rock in London in the mid 70s.
    Probably all in glass cases or underground concrete bank vaults now.
    Just don’t get it over the years that the company that controls everything Jimi has managed to find so many of his guitars to sell for silly amounts of money around the world???
    Ive got tapes of Jimi playing round friends homes with Noel and Mitch 
    All transferred to CD.
    Many of Noel’s old friends have copies of loads of recordings that ain’t going to see the light of day until those Ruling the Hendrix Legacy Stop controlling Just to keep milking money.
    Teachers still get banded on YouTube for playing anything Hendrix related?
    Its completely  fooked up mental Why anyone would stop a youngsters  from learning All Along The Watch Tower by Bob or Jimi.
    Youtube need to stop the record company blockers.
  • I was lucky enough to go to the one off screening of the Hendrix Experience at the Albert Hall, shown in the Albert Hall last year on the 50th anniversary.  It's been stuck in dispute all these years which is a tragedy as it's a proper 5 camera shoot with excellent sound plus soundcheck etc.  Introducing the film was the director and Janie Hendrix herself.  She didn't exactly get booed but there was a bit of an uneasy muttering that went round when she was introduced.

It often strikes me that, for a man whose career lasted barely four years in an age long before social media and 24/7 news coverage, the sheer amount of film, audio, photography and recorded music of Jimi Hendrix is absolutely astonishing.  It seems like a bottomless well.

• SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Did the batwing SG Customs have "fretless wonder" frets?
    The ad below suggests that they did.

I can remember liking the majority of late sixties Juniors/Specials/Standards  that I tried  - and that was a lot of  guitars - but not being impressed with any of the Customs for some reason. (Not the physical presence of the middle pickup....it was something about  the neck.)

Paul Davids has got his hands on them:

I just watched that.  The V in particular sounds fantastic.
  • EmielEmiel Frets: 222
    edited November 2020
    Skipped said:
    Did the batwing SG Customs have "fretless wonder" frets?
    The ad below suggests that they did.

I can remember liking the majority of late sixties Juniors/Specials/Standards  that I tried  - and that was a lot of  guitars - but not being impressed with any of the Customs for some reason. (Not the physical presence of the middle pickup....it was something about  the neck.)

Might be the narrow Gibson nut that showed up in the later part of the '60s. These are 1 9/16" or 1 5/8" instead of the usual 1 11/16". Guess what, Gibson went for the latter 1 11/16 for the Hendrix SG. I have a +- 1970 SG Standard with that narrow nut, takes some time to get used to!

The low 'fretless wonder' frets get mentioned here: