Fender Custom Shop floortraveller

Hi. Could someone remind me of the contact details for getting hold of these please? I have a 99 CS 54 strat that i've had from new and would like to know how fender described the neck on it-mostly as it would help me find another similar one.
Many thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• oops, have answered my own question!
    https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/154731/
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5229
    edited November 2020
    You’re welcome! I’m not sure the Floor Travellers go back as far as 1999 but if not you may still get a spec sheet for whatever run your guitar was part of. I’m not sure they offered the variety of different neck profiles/sizes back then like they do now. I think they were mostly the 10/56 neck on maple board Strat Relics and a slim C on rosewood. Yours may be an exception of course. What is your guitar out of interest? (Edit: ah, I see it’s a 54 Strat!)
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8361
    Not sure when they started doing them - @guitars4you may know - but certainly later than 1999.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Thanks all. Yes, I wondered whether it was too early. To answer your question Nigel, its a 54 strat: you'd love it as its so light! Its a white blonde relic from just shortly after Fender took them back from Cunetto. Its a much thinner neck (certainly at the 12th) than the 56 strats (i've measured against mine). It was very unusual at the time that it was a 54 (and it has 54 features such as the round string tree) - i think this might have been just before or at least just as the "time machine" series started up and this wasnt part of those more "generic" CS gtrs. It also has a 7.25 radius neck that I love. It said "54 strat" on the certificate - which of course i lost within weeks.
    I got it from Steve Pisani at SamAsh on W48th street. God, that guy used to get some wonderful guitars in stock! 
    i've e mailed fender so will see what comes back.
  • scalino65 said:
    Thanks all. Yes, I wondered whether it was too early. To answer your question Nigel, its a 54 strat: you'd love it as its so light! Its a white blonde relic from just shortly after Fender took them back from Cunetto. Its a much thinner neck (certainly at the 12th) than the 56 strats (i've measured against mine). It was very unusual at the time that it was a 54 (and it has 54 features such as the round string tree) - i think this might have been just before or at least just as the "time machine" series started up and this wasnt part of those more "generic" CS gtrs. It also has a 7.25 radius neck that I love. It said "54 strat" on the certificate - which of course i lost within weeks.
    I got it from Steve Pisani at SamAsh on W48th street. God, that guy used to get some wonderful guitars in stock! 
    i've e mailed fender so will see what comes back.
    Let us know what comes back, will be interesting to hear.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Just to come back to this one, the great people at fender customer relations confirmed that Hattigol was spot on and told me that the "floor traveller" came in later on . All they could tell me is that records state it to be a "custom instrument" and it was built in Oct 99. It arrived in my hands in mid-Dec.