Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

'Floating' guitars in your collection?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Most of my purchases are with the intention to keep them as long as they make me want to pick them up.

I always believed in keepers and to a point still do, however tastes change and the keeper PRS I bought in 1991 was let go a few years ago (20 something years later) after I realised I'd hardly played it in the previous 12 months.

The keeper tele that came to me about 12 years ago is the one thing I can't ever see myself letting go of, even if my health was to deteriorate to a stage that prevented me from playing, I'd like to think I'd keep it around as a nice thing to own.  Plus my son plays a bit, so it would be there for him to have a strum when he nips round.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    I can't even play anymore so I've basically got wall ornaments in my front room.
    The walls would look stark and bare if I sold them all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 543
    I don't generally buy guitars with the intention of moving them on.  I have taken the occasional punt on something that may or may not be what I'm after, but generally I'm looking for the right guitar to be a keeper.  I have had plenty of cheaper guitars over the years that weren't quite right but I thought I could upgrade later.  I'm now at the point where I want a keeper.  Occasionally that doesn't happen though and I'm quite happy to move them on if they're not right.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom