Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Any love for BC Rich?

What's Hot

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    Burn them with fire!’
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11726
    TheMarlin said:
    Burn them with fire!’

Or at least sand the pointy bits off so you don't stab yourself in the leg.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    TheMarlin said:
    Burn them with fire!’
    I'm not sure what else you could burn them with.
    ;)
  • PhilKing said:
    I've got a 72 Mockingbird.  It's the basic one and I replaced the DiMarzio's with Bare Knuckle Cold Sweats.  I still like to play it, it has a really nice neck and actually balances well on a strap.

Phwoar! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchman said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Burn them with fire!’

Or at least sand the pointy bits off so you don't stab yourself in the leg.
    My brother had a Beast, and it was actually painful to play it sitting down...

(it was pretty painful to look at too, tbh)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25109

I have a Mockingbird which looks very similar to the one @Bennyboy-UK posted above, except it has zebra Seymour Duncan pickups and it's made in Japan, not the USA.  It has the R logo headstock.  Don't know much about it, apparently it's some kind of prototype - I bought it from @guitars4you.

I became aware of them due to players associated with them in the early '80s - Rick Derringer, Craig Chaquico, Paul Chapman, Joe Perry, Neil Giraldo, Randy Jackson (from Zebra, not the bass player from Journey).

I've always liked the early models - Bich, Mockingbird, Seagull, Eagle - and the Stealth, but once they started getting more heavy metal (starting with the Warlock) and became primarily associated with Kerry King, I'm not so keen.

• A mate of mine at school in the early 90s had a cheap Warlock, horrible thing to play sitting down, I remember it poking me in the chest. No thanks.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11978
    tFB Trader
    PhilKing said:
    I've got a 72 Mockingbird.  It's the basic one and I replaced the DiMarzio's with Bare Knuckle Cold Sweats.  I still like to play it, it has a really nice neck and actually balances well on a strap.

Surely an '82 Phil?
    Mock wasn't introduced until 76/77

Mockingbird is my favourite model, although I do have a fondness for the Eagle 
    I have owned quite a few BC Riches  with many of them being STIII or Gunslinger 

Not fond of the "more recent" spikiness and really only like the classic headstock and the pointy one 
    Dislike the Widow headstock (the droopy bollocks one)
    But a strong love for Seagull, Eagle, Mock, Bich, Stealth and Warlock

Biggest problem BC had was there was such a gulf between how the original series felt to some of the lower ranges, many of which were poorly executed. 

I have a Mock I am rebuilding as a personal project for myself....think I am set on a metallic purple flip flop colour

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25109

I have a Mock I am rebuilding as a personal project for myself....think I am set on a metallic purple flip flop colour

I like the simplicity of that, with the diamond inlays and straightforward control layout.  Although having said that, old BC Riches are the only guitars which look "right" with loads of extra knobs and mini-switches.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5119
    I have one of these.

It's more a wall-hanger than a player.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowla said:
    I have one of these.

It's more a wall-hanger than a player.
    I really wanted one of those back when the guitarist from Coal Chamber was using one 

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Some nice guitars in this thread. In the interest of balance, here's my very unsubtle monstrosity:

This is ace! Is that a Frank Frazetta piece?!
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2149
    Some nice guitars in this thread. In the interest of balance, here's my very unsubtle monstrosity:

Certainly looks like it, but I'm not familiar with the image. Even cooler if a one off! Love Molly Hatchet.
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 807
    edited November 2020
    Schnozz said:
    This just came up on my facebook thread and I just thought 'brilliant' and noticed myself smiling...

https://images.reverb.com/image/upload/s--XEDUtoSE--/a_exif,c_limit,e_unsharp_mask:80,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_620,q_90,w_620/v1391637572/sze3igmzbmubpys9jcgp.jpg
    I always wanted a single point Warlock as a kid, due to this album cover...

BC Rich Warlock Invisabolt Technology

https://i.imgur.com/jQViwEA.jpg ;    https://i.imgur.com/nOgdU3M.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/AYyaTKr.jpg

BC Rich Zombie 

https://i.imgur.com/i1VYFHj.jpg

• PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1591
    PhilKing said:

Surely an '82 Phil?
    Mock wasn't introduced until 76/77

You are right Jon, blame it on old age!

Looks like you've had to fill a few holes on the body.  I'm sure it will look great when you've finished it.
  • Schnozz said:
    Some nice guitars in this thread. In the interest of balance, here's my very unsubtle monstrosity:

Certainly looks like it, but I'm not familiar with the image. Even cooler if a one off! Love Molly Hatchet.
    It's not a one-off, they did a whole year of the body art series:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/B.C._Rich_Body_Art_Collection

• rocktronrocktron Frets: 807
    edited November 2020
    BC RICH INVISABOLT TECHNOLOGY

From the BC Rich boards:

https://i.imgur.com/AYyaTKr.jpg

What is I.T.? Well, I.T. stands for Invisabolt Technology. B.C. Rich is known for innovation in the guitar industry. So it stands to reason that B.C. Rich is introducing a completely new guitar construction method like I.T. (Invisabolt Technology). I.T. is like nothing else that is available from anyone in the guitar field. The new I.T. system is not a traditional neck through, I.T. is not a traditional bolt on and I.T. is not a traditional fixed heel. I.T. is not only visually striking to the eye it adds sustain and gives a very low profile neck heel.

The initial design was developed by guitarist Pat Murray, and incorporated by B.C. Rich. This patented design has the attitude and style that fits B.C. Rich. You must experience I.T. first hand to understand just how unique I.T. is.

Rock Clouser, B.C. Rich Product Manager adds, "B.C. Rich is excited to introduce such a revolutionary idea in guitar construction. We constantly push the innovation envelope, but we want high level function as well as jaw dropping looks. The new I.T. system has it all."

Pat Murray, President of Invisabolt recalls the first meeting with B.C. Rich," It was surreal, you could see the light bulb turn on over Rock's head and I knew he got it. He lives and breathes this stuff. And now thanks to Rock and B.C. Rich you can get I.T. too!"

Steve Kilgallon, V.P. of Marketing Invisabolt Technology and President of Hard Wear Inc had this to say," We flew up to B. C. Rich HQ to let them see the Invisabolt Technology system. Employees tested one of B.C Richs flagship models against the I.T prototype. When everybody preferred the advantages of the I.T. design, we knew at that point we were on to something big.

B.C. Rich is introducing this new technology on three new SE Special Edition guitar models. The I.T. system will soon be available on a Warlock, a Beast and a Jr. V. The standard features on these very unique instruments will be:

~ I.T. Neck System ~ 2 B.C. Rich Humbucker Pickups ~ Paint to Match Headstock and Neck ~ Special B.C. Rich Widow Style Inlay at the Seventh Fret ~ Ebony Fingerboard ~ Chrome Hardware (Warlock) ~ Black Hardware (Beast and Jr. V) ~ String Through the Body ~ 24 Jumbo Frets ~ 25.5" Scale

These Special Edition I.T. guitars will only be available in Shadow (flat black).

The I.T. System is patented and exclusively licensed to B.C. Rich.

The extended neck is recessed in to the back of the Body. There are 6 screws that attach the Neck to the body. 2 under the Bridge pickup going straight through the body into the Neck plank, (which by the way is shaped like the Widow Headstock.), 4 under the front pick up - 2 straight through the body into the neck and 2 that go into the neck (towards the headstock).

This results in sturdier mounting and more contact with the neck to the body.

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    A friend in secondary school had a gorgeous flamed maple mockingbird. He then proudly swapped it for a salmon pink warlock because it had a floyd 

I do fancy a bonkers widdle stick so maybe a bc rich! They are suitably nuts.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    Sassafras said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Burn them with fire!’
    I'm not sure what else you could burn them with.
    ;)
    Acid, or cutting comment - they also burn!
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972

"Any love for BC Rich?"

Nope! None whatsoever.  Hate them - wouldn't want one even if you gave one to me. 

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)