Gibson to launch 'demo shop' on Reverb

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
in Guitar tFB Trader
Update on new Gibson Demo Shop on Reverb - The Gibson Demo Shop is your direct source for one-of-a-kind Gibson prototypes, demo guitars, pre-played artist models and Gibson mods, at an exceptional value.  - Doesn't appear to have any stock on yet ?

https://www.musicinstrumentnews.co.uk/2020/11/25/gibson-demo-shop-on-reverb/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• abw1989abw1989 Frets: 658
    Double check your location filter, I had to turn off 'items in the UK' to be to see the stock.

Nothing too radical in there yet, but the prices seem to be the same as the 'non-prototype' versions on the main Gibson site.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    abw1989 said:
    Double check your location filter, I had to turn off 'items in the UK' to be to see the stock.

Nothing too radical in there yet, but the prices seem to be the same as the 'non-prototype' versions on the main Gibson site.
    thanks - got it now
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8361
    Thought it would be a bit more 'out there' than a bunch of fairly bog-standard Les Pauls....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    tFB Trader
    Hattigol said:
    Thought it would be a bit more 'out there' than a bunch of fairly bog-standard Les Pauls....
    I know what you mean - But I dare say new listings will come and go 

No comment about UK shipping - and assume would need to add around 25% for UK tax/vat
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11726
    Those Les Pauls will be £2.5k by the time you add shipping, VAT and duty.  Not worth it.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8361
    crunchman said:
    Those Les Pauls will be £2.5k by the time you add shipping, VAT and duty.  Not worth it.
    Plus you'd have to persuade them to ship here first - pretty clear from the fact the listings aren't visible to people on UK settings that they won't do so.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    tFB Trader
    Hattigol said:
    Might also be a small way of getting a 'foot in the door' to test the market, before a launch direct policy - Easy to disguise any new stock as 'ex display' and/or 2nd grade and have a bag full available to sell direct as required
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom