Rechargeable 9V batteries... anyone using them?

skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4418
edited November 2020 in Guitar
I've pretty much made a complete swap at home to using rechargeable batteries in everything around the house, from TV remotes to my stepdaughter's lamps & toys.

Was looking at rechargeable 9V batteries for my wah & tuner, but I couldn't find any mAh info on a standard lithium type to compare it to the various rechargeables that I found.

Anyone using them? And if so are they any good, or do they need charging every other day?
Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 32394
    I use them at home all the time, as I usually only use one pedal at a time here. 

They're just cheapo EBL 600mAh PP3s and they've been going for about five years quite happily. 

I usually use them in a Marshall Drivemaster or a Reflector reverb pedal and they usually last around 6-8 hours playing time. I have four in total so always have spares ready to go in the charger, which is on pretty much whenever my laptop is plugged in as it's on the same gang lead. 

I'd say they've saved me a small fortune, as I really want to just bung an always-on pedal on top of the amp without faffing with mains adaptors etc. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20601
    edited November 2020
    The Ultralife (10 year smoke alarm) lithium has a nominal capacity 1.2Ah @ 900 ohms to 5.4V @ 23°C Max. Discharge 500mA continuous.
    Most Nickel Metal Hydride PP3's are about 2- 300 mAh.
    I tend to run most pedals from a mains adapter.
  • yockyyocky Frets: 842
    I have some 800mAh Keenstone ones that I bought primarily for a sound level meter than I have a habit of leaving on by mistake. Hugely impressed. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12256
    Just a note:

I think rechargeable 9V batteries are at least the correct voltage, roughly
    8.4v

Whereas
    AA and the other 1.5v type rechargeables are 1.2v
    (although there are some now that are 1.5v lithium from a new brand)

AFAIK most digital kit allows for this, but worth realising