Lockdown Live Stream....

JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
My acoustic duo has been offered to do a paid (!!!) live stream gig on Christmas eve. Ive never done anything like this before so I am struggling to get my head into what Ill need to make it sound really good. In my head, I was potentially going to 

Faith Neptune direct into > Roland Go > into Huawei P20 Pro smart phone (and the vocals into the Roland as well)

Is this a recipe to make it sound like shit? Or.. should I use the condenser mic I have on loan, use my Helix UX2 into a laptop and try and get a decent sound that way? (I have an old Webcam which prob be ok if the lighting is right..) Its being done over Zoom in case that makes a difference 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Was literally about to post a question about the same thing! 
    I hadn't heard of a Roland go before but it looks great! I was thinking the same sort of thing but using an irig pro duo.

I also may need/want more than one camera angle of the performance but struggling how to achieve this without investing in a load of pro camera equipment. The mixer - mobile interface - smartphone option seems best so far in terms of quality Vs price Vs faff

Following with interest..
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15278
    Can you organise a technical rehearsal dry run with only a small audience of trusted invitees able to view it?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    I've done a couple as a full band. We put everyone into a mixer, got a nice mix in cans and then send that out via USB to an iPhone and the iPhone uses the good audio as it streams. We had someone mixing as it was full on drums etc but you should be able to get a good mix yourselves. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • @Danny1969 ; what interface did you use to connect to the phone? 

I discovered the Roland Go:livecast today which allows you to flip between two phones as different camera feeds and also input audio but it seems like the audio is only monophonic and it's also not clear anywhere if/how it can sync the audio to both video inputs (which are wireless so you'd expect some latency)..
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    iphone camera adapter mate ... accepts USB stream from any USB audio interface  ....  details here 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/187052/giging-live-on-facebook-tomorrow-with-high-quality-audio#latest
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • @Danny1969 brilliant thanks! Need to figure this out going into an android phone with USB C.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    @hassleham I'm having the same problem as I'm on a usb c. 
  • @Jetfire the Irig Stream looks like an option which works on android
  • Did you get any further with this? Just wondering as i'm about to take the plunge on an IRig Stream for a streamed gig this weekend!
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    I didn't really. I'm thinking using my proper interface into a laptop and all that jazz rather than a roland mixer. We are doing our gig over zoom and it recognises the sound card but that's it, not any fx put on it via pod farms etc