Anyone recommend a good courier ?

What's Hot
mark123mark123 Frets: 1358
Potentially to pick up a 700mmx700mm guitar amp from stockport to deliver to sunderland , anyone know a rough price ? or who to use ? .
Thanks 
Mark
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monoaminemonoamine Frets: 506
    edited November 2020
    Parcel2go.com

Gives you lots of options
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2802
    The important thing is not the courier, but the packer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1358
    cheers lads 
    I've tried to navigate the site or a quote ,pick up from stockport and deliver to sunderland but seem to get pick up from mine and delivered to stockport .
    I think i'm missing something obvious on the website ,having a blonde momemt i think .
  • If it’s expensive, I can recommend Royal Mail same day. They couriered a Bludotone direct for me, and it was worth the peace of mind. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    edited November 2020
    Parcel2Go usually won’t insure (loads of guitar-related exclusions). Use Interparcel instead - same idea, but they cover guitars properly. If you are going to send uninsured then it doesn’t matter mind you. 
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1358
    its just a £100 peavey amp what price am i looking at ? picked up from Stockport and delivered to Sunderland ? anything over £30 and i'm out .
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 446
    DHL delivered an amp for me for £30, they were pretty good
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    I use Parcel Force, was £26 the last time to pick up a Valvestate Combo for repair. If the amp is packed right it will get there safely. If it's not it will be damaged no matter who you use.  The amp needs to sit on at least 4" of foam or other soft shock absorbing material with at least 4" of soft packaging all the way around. It's a good idea to take the valves out on some amps and package them safely in foam box in the back of the amp. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk