Hardware packs

What's Hot
Hi all,

Whats your opinion and experience buying collections of hardware for your guitar builds, such as the one listed on reverb here: https://reverb.com/item/5191363-fender-telecaster-aged-relic-chrome-body-hardware-set-usa-tele-w-threaded-saddles

Its a bit more expensive than collecting all the pieces yourself, I suppose. But the thing is, supplies seem to be low in lots of the local places meaning Im having to turn to online shopping, and there you need to consider shipping costs etc. 

So, have you bought these packages of hardware parts and if so, have you been satisfied with the quality and sizing? Does Fender licensed hardware parts make a difference, if it is just a control place (as opposed to a bridge or tuner)? 

Thanks in advance. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Personally I think that half of the fun is making a list, sourcing the parts, waiting for them to show up etc.

Also, you invariably find that some bits aren't to your taste. I never like those old Tele input jacks for example.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Personally I think that half of the fun is making a list, sourcing the parts, waiting for them to show up etc.

Also, you invariably find that some bits aren't to your taste. I never like those old Tele input jacks for example.
    Agreed, the fun is spending hours speccing what you want , then changing your mind after asking questions and getting opinions on here
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16967
    There will often be one or two parts in the pack that don't quite fit the spec I would want.

In that one i would want to ditch the jack cup, and I prefer flatter topped knobs on a tele. 
  • thejkrthejkr Frets: 10
    Good feedback, thanks guys.

Personally, im not adverse to swapping bits out. But right now im just keen to get putting everything together. And then i foresee myself going down that rabbit hole of swapping out pieces here and there. Thats half the fun.