Anderton's Account...I Cannot Change my Details

What's Hot
A few years back, I ordered something from Anderton's and it ended up in the Wirral instead of Sheffield. They rectified it and I got the item a couple of days later. They apologised and said they would correct and update the details. They never could explain how the mix up happened though.

Lo and behold I sign into my account for the first time in 4 years and find my address is still on the fucking Wirral. I have tried 6 times to change the address and update it. Every time I go back to my account details, I live on the fucking Wirral.

I want to buy something that nobody else has got reduced but how can I have any hope it will end up in the right place. Even if I register a new account, I'll probably end up living on the fucking Wirral.

I might have some loyalty points on this account. I can get Monday delivery (when I'll be in) if I buy now.

Anyone else had the same issue of being in 2 places at once?

:)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AdeyAdey Frets: 2802
    Maybe just move to the Wirral and be done with it?
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Adey said:
    Maybe just move to the Wirral and be done with it?
    Good idea, on Purple Bricks as we speak.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It changed at the 7th attempt.

I still better alert the Wirral though.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    tFB Trader
    Some guy on the Wirral will soon be wondering why the address in his Andertons account is wrong.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Don't do Autofill, Folks!

:3 
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4081
    Thankyou for contacting Andertons support, I suggest you try on The Fretboard forum though as we are unable to assist.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10019
    I bought a car a few years ago and the forms came back from the DVLA with the correct details, apart from “Mrs” instead of “Mr”. No problem, there’s a tear-off form for a change of name or address, so I sent it off with the correction. Came back with Mrs. Well, ok, I’ll send it again... came back again with Mrs. Right ok, it’s only the cost of a stamp, surely they can get it right this time? Nope. I gave up - if the DVLA want to call me Mrs, they can damn well call me Mrs.

The situation was only resolved when I sold the car an bought another one.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnr said:
    Thankyou for contacting Andertons support, I suggest you try on The Fretboard forum though as we are unable to assist.
    I don't think anyone would have been there at 8pm. I'm bargain hunting goddamit :) These deals get snapped up quick.
  • I bought a car a few years ago and the forms came back from the DVLA with the correct details, apart from “Mrs” instead of “Mr”. No problem, there’s a tear-off form for a change of name or address, so I sent it off with the correction. Came back with Mrs. Well, ok, I’ll send it again... came back again with Mrs. Right ok, it’s only the cost of a stamp, surely they can get it right this time? Nope. I gave up - if the DVLA want to call me Mrs, they can damn well call me Mrs.

The situation was only resolved when I sold the car an bought another one.
    Now, that is incompetence on a grand scale. Glad you got it solved Mrs.

:3 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AND ANOTHER THING!

Don't bloody say "order now for delivery by Monday November 30th" and then only allow me to choose December 1st or later at the checkout.

=) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AND ANOTHER THING!

Don't bloody say "order now for delivery by Monday November 30th" and then only allow me to choose December 1st or later at the checkout.

=) 
    And then send me a Text on Sunday morning telling me the parcel is arriving today (Sunday). Thanks, there will be nobody at my work on Sunday, which is why I selected a week day. Had to change the delivery date to Monday.

I wasn't aware DPD did any deliveries on Sunday?

Thinking back, I'm sure there has been some sort of issue with everything I have bought from this place.
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4081
    edited November 2020
    Whatever you do, make sure you keep bumping Andertons' name back to the top of the forums.

Other guitar shops are available.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    tFB Trader

I wasn't aware DPD did any deliveries on Sunday?
    They do but it's normally very expensive. This is a Black Friday weekend special to cope with extra volumes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnr said:
    Whatever you do, make sure you keep bumping Andertons' name back to the top of the forums.

Other guitar shops are available.
    Other Guitar Shops did not have the same offer on the item in question.

You seem a bit sensitive with it being Anderton's? I know I'm having a bit of a dig at them here, but you won't generally find me having random digs or making snide comments about them or Chappers and Co at any opportunity. So sorry if I've upset you.

It might be that DPD are more to blame for the attempted Sunday delivery and not Anderton's, but people request a delivery day for a reason, that reason being that there'll be someone in to receive it. The fact that the delivery address is also clearly a business address I thought would have given them a clue that it might just be closed on a Sunday.

If I'd specified my home address, I would have been delighted to have received it today. As the odds of getting a free Sunday delivery are very slim, that's why I specified my work address.