Rattling Bridges

I have an SG with Tone Pros Bridge and tailpiece.  Something rattles there and I can't find what.

I've been through with screwdrives/spanners/pliers, looking for something not tight but have found nothing.

It's a light buzzy rattle (unamplified) and resonates particularly when playing around the E, 14th fret D string - though it's not that specific, triggerring oiff many notes around there (the lower fret versions don't seem to generate trigger much).

Any thoughts as to what I'm missing?  Have you seen this before/fixed it?

Help!!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74495
    Quite often it's the intonation screw on a tune-o-matic - the saddle can be held down tightly enough by the string that the screw isn't under tension, and it can work loose.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6318
    I've had this before on an Affiinity Tele. It was the saddle height adjustment screws; a touch of nail varnish cured it.
  • ICBM said:
    Quite often it's the intonation screw on a tune-o-matic - the saddle can be held down tightly enough by the string that the screw isn't under tension, and it can work loose.

Interesting, hadn't realised the saddles don't sit on the screw, but on a pair of shelves at either side.  Will investigate.
  • Bingo!

The nut was loose, allowing the screw to shake.  Thought I'd tightened/checked them all so that there's enough tension across the bridge casting to prevent it, but must somehow have missed the one actually causing the problem!

Thanks!