2 in 1 pedal building

Quick question here, im going to build a dual pedal, a ts808 clone and an Angry Charlie clone (both from Fuzzdog).
The obvious thing is to just wire one in to the other, or to switch so I can change the order. The simpler option is to put all four jack sockets on and use a cable to decide the path giving me the option to stick something weird between them for a laugh like a flanger or something ( No idea why I would other than liking odd noises).
Any opinions to share to tip the balance? Anybody got any wiring diagrams they'd like to share? I've not googled the toggle switch idea yet but i'd imagine theres schematics out there  ( i have an idea how it works anyway)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1284
    Four jacks with two of them wired as inserts so that you don’t need a jumper when you haven’t got anything in the loop?
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 418
    oo thats a good idea
    JayGee said:
    Four jacks with two of them wired as inserts so that you don’t need a jumper when you haven’t got anything in the loop?

• Something like the Wampler Dual Fusion? Four sockets, three way switch to choose between 1>2, 2>1 and Separate. Manual here.
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 418
    sort of, if i fit the four sockets then there will be 2 ins and 2 outs so no need for a selector switch, the dual fusion has 2 channels (i think), i' like the idea of the switch but the four sockets (whilst not being as neat) does let me throw the octaver in between (no idea why but thats never stopped anyone). I'll have a proper look at the wampler though