Roller Bridge for Gretsch Streamliner

Hi folks - clue is in the title but I'm after a roller bridge for a G2655T Streamliner I picked up in the Black Friday sales. It has a licenced Bigsby and obviously not the highest-of-end hardware so keen to get something to help stabilize it. 

Some forum searches have lead me to some rather overkill options - I don't fancy spending £100+ on a bridge for a guitar this cheap - but would like something that is easy to fit and helps where needed.

I'm considering the Reverend option but I've also stumbled on this and heard good reviews -   Axesrus- Roller Tune-o-Matics 

Has anyone experience fitting an Axe R Us roller on one of these Gretcshs? Any and all feedback welcomed.

Cheers 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I bought an identical one from Vanson on eBay. The bridge itself is fine, and works perfectly.

There seems to be a bit of a difference in tone compared to the stock bridge- a little brighter, slightly different attack, and the strings behind the bridge ring louder, which is a bit off-putting unplugged but not noticeable plugged in.

Can't tell you whether it'll fit on the Gretsch, but it does on my MIK Epiphone Sheraton.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• FlipFlip Frets: 68
    I bought a roller bridge for my 5420 from Northwest Guitars. It sat too high and couldn't be lowered without work on the wooden part, making the action too high for my taste. Also the company sent the wrong supports. When I pointed out their error they agreed to refund my money but tried to deduct some 'costs', even though it was their error and thus against the UK law. I've reverted to the adjustomatic and I'm glad I did.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8502
    edited December 2020
    Flip said:
    I bought a roller bridge for my 5420 from Northwest Guitars. It sat too high and couldn't be lowered without work on the wooden part, making the action too high for my taste. Also the company sent the wrong supports. When I pointed out their error they agreed to refund my money but tried to deduct some 'costs', even though it was their error and thus against the UK law. I've reverted to the adjustomatic and I'm glad I did.
    That's so weird! In 2017 I got a roller for my 5422 from Northwest guitars too, and had to send it back because the post-to-post measurements were off from the listed measurement, meaning it didn't fit.
  • FlipFlip Frets: 68
    In fairness, the actual post-to-post distance does tend to vary I',m told and In measure mine before ordering. In my case the measurement was probably correct when measured on bare metal; unfortunately, the chrome coating reduced that a bit and the fitting probably removed some of the chrome inside the post hole.

What really annoyed me was that the number embossed in the base of the bridge wasn't that which I'd ordered, nor, as I mentioned, were the posts the same as in the photo. That alone was enough to justify me returning it to them for a full refund including the postage under the Consumer Sales Act. When they made the refund less an arbitrary sum I really felt I had the measure of the type of company they are and I won't deal with them again.