Incoming NGD

What's Hot
Picked up a 2009 Gibson SG Junior from GuitarGuitar - always had a fancy for one. Should be here in an hour, will post pics when it arrives.

www.theflyingacesband.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice. Have a good NGD :)
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1244
    Falling for SG Jrs more and more, happy NGD
  • Great choice, lovely guitars. The control layout on those makes far more sense than on the original ones too! I had a '63 Jr for a while which was an utterly stonking guitar, but it's pretty hard to go wrong with mahogany, a wraparound bridge and a great P90.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6938
    Good choice. I have a 2009 SG Classic. 

It's a lovely thing, the only downside is the PCB, but currently I really like everything the way it is, including the way the pots function, so I'm good. I can see myself ripping it all out and replacing it at some point. Not yet though. 
  • Turns out it's a 2011 (my mistake, not the seller). Sounds great! An 80's Arion Phaser turned up today too, so I've been playing 'Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love' all morning

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Photo is a bit dingy - its a lovely cherry red colour in the flesh. 
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1244
    Noice
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25109
    Great choice, lovely guitars. The control layout on those makes far more sense than on the original ones too! I had a '63 Jr for a while which was an utterly stonking guitar, but it's pretty hard to go wrong with mahogany, a wraparound bridge and a great P90.

I noticed the unusual control layout in the picture, then saw your post.  Was that a peculiarity of that particular year?

(Looks great, regardless of knob placement! :) )

• Nice looking guitar. I have the black version. Think they only came in these two colours. I have since got an original 61 LP/SG jnr which is great  but it is a bit harder to find the volume control in a hurry in the original position.
  • Nice guitar! I actually prefer the SG Junior to the Les Paul Junior in both terms of tone and feel.
  • markjmarkj Frets: 948
    Change to a Faber aluminium bridge and their steel posts like I did with my Special. Fantastic improvement for resonance and note separation.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    Very nice mate congrats
  • Love that Matt. I really like the look of SG juniors - maybe one day I'll own one!
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    Lovely guitar! Congratulations
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 3095
    tFB Trader
    That look ace Matt, HNGD!