Fans of Alice in Chains...

What's Hot
jonevejoneve Frets: 1473
edited December 2020 in Music
They were this year’s honouree’s at MoPop’s annual fundraiser in Seattle. 

Virtual gig streamed last night. 2 and a half hours of loads of talented famous people covering their songs. It’s ace (it’s also worth it for the debut of Lily Cornell Silver (Chris’ daughter). She’s a chip off the old block) 

https://fb.watch/27KqXCdynW/

https://youtu.be/7zTIF6CM1tI
0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    Wow awesome thanks!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1473
    Edited to include YouTube link for those without FB
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's tonight sorted. Thanks!
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 508
    Reminds me what a great archive of songs AIC have
  • Wow. Mark Lanegan doing Brother. Singing his best friend’s song. With Nancy Wilson. Spine tingling. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Wow. Mark Lanegan doing Brother. Singing his best friend’s song. With Nancy Wilson. Spine tingling. 
    He does Nutshell too which is just as special 
  • So good to see Kim Thayil playing his Guilds again. Brilliant solos. Magnificent. 
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Will put this on at the weekend with a few beers. 

Looking back on all that 90s era really does give me some proper nostalgia. Quite sad seeing how it all went down for some of these guys I idolised so much as a kid.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited December 2020
    That's awesome, thanks for posting as I'd forgotten about it! I was surprised by how good the Korn cover of Would was actually. Corey Taylor singing Man In The Box was really bloody good too.
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Cheers! This looks like it’ll be fantastic. Saved for later.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    Watched it last night.

Very cool show although it's quite long so you may want to skip the filler, or watch it while browsing the web etc.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Oooh didn’t see this. Yes, that is viewing for tonight sorted. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24270
    Corey Taylor was fantastic! Wasn't expecting that TBH.
  • joneve said:
    Wow. Mark Lanegan doing Brother. Singing his best friend’s song. With Nancy Wilson. Spine tingling. 
    He does Nutshell too which is just as special 
    The pedal steel on Brother is phenomenal. 

Thanks to the OP for posting, looks like there is a lot of great things worth taking time to listen.
    Watched it last night.

Very cool show although it's quite long so you may want to skip the filler, or watch it while browsing the web etc.
    I didn’t mind the filler as the museum is one of my favourite places in the world. I’ve been every time I’ve visited Seattle as it’s incredible if you like music. But yea, not for everyone! 
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3024
    edited December 2020
    Deijavoo said:
    Will put this on at the weekend with a few beers. 

Looking back on all that 90s era really does give me some proper nostalgia. Quite sad seeing how it all went down for some of these guys I idolised so much as a kid.

Yes indeed. The Seattle scene has been such a special thing for me since I was 16 in 92; despite never being near to Seattle, the bands and their music have been so important to me ever since. I really like the postive vibe of this show, looking to the future, whilst also respecting those who have gone. Very touching and hearfelt. 

I grew up in a quiet mid Wales town, but to many my age, the outsiders in the town, the Seattle bands spoke to us and were very special. 

I’ve listened to Lily Cornell’s tune several times now, it’s truly beautiful 
  • joneve said:
    Watched it last night.

I didn’t mind the filler as the museum is one of my favourite places in the world. I’ve been every time I’ve visited Seattle as it’s incredible if you like music. But yea, not for everyone! 
    Jealous. It’s been a dream of mine to visit Seattle. Some day maybe. 
  • Also, props to Jeff Fielder, in the background he plays a lot of guitar on these tracks. An excellent player, I saw him with Mark Lanegan’s band at Liverpool, rocking with his SG. 
    joneve said:
    Watched it last night.

Jealous. It’s been a dream of mine to visit Seattle. Some day maybe. 
    I visited every summer for about 4 years when I was 16ish. I then lived there for 6 months when I was done with school. It was the best times of my life. Ended up being able to see Pearl Jam on the Riot Act tour in their hometown which was incredible.

Flights are so much cheaper now and I would definitely recommend you visiting. If you love the grunge scene, it has a very special vibe about it and it’s just a great city (and surrounding areas) in general. 

I can certainly give you tips for visiting on a budget if you ever need help. Just shout. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Saw the Metallica and Korn performances already but will def be giving this a watch in full.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ