Press Release

What's Hot

Melvyn Hiscock, NBS Publications and the Independent Publishers Group of Chicago (US Distributor), are pleased to announce the imminent arrival of an e-book version of ‘Make Your Own Electric Guitar’, in addition to the forthcoming print version.

ISBN 978-0-9531049-4-9 

Actual release date is still to be set, but it will be soon.

All distribution for the e-book will be handled by IPG in the United States.

IPG.Com
Independent Publishers Group
814 N. Franklin Street
Chicago, IL 60610

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7127
    tFB Trader

Actual release date is still to be set, but it will be soon.

In time for my Christmas list?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    The trouble with eBooks is they invariably find their way online, downloadable for free somewhere. It must be hard trying to make money from this sort of thing these days, especially with so many free resources out there now. I bought the book years ago, but I have always been a visual person rather than a reading learner, so YouTube etc is my go to these days for all info.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    Cant wait for the print version - registered with Melvyn's site and waiting eagerly. 
  • About time just about finished the first one lol.

have to say great book and back when it came out it got me started building my own did the 2 humbucker tele although back then I Struggled to find mahogany which sounds silly now so ended up with a board of 2 x 4 rock maple now that thing was a boat anchor.

Thinking back when did it first come out late 80’s 

I remember phoning must of been 6 timber merchants in Kent all were extremely unhelpful and those who actually kept exotics rather than native had stuff sized for window frames stair boards and asking for something thicker was like asking the world. Remember those days it was all yellow pages no google. 

Finally found timberline who helped me out although the first time  he was a little snooty as he had studied Lutherie he said and enquired what type of Lute are you planning to build made a few myself. Left muttering after I said Telecaster electric guitar lol but he liked my money so all was good and the mk2 was made of mahogany.