Anyone interested in a festive Music Quiz?

What's Hot
hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
edited December 2020 in Guitar
In case anyone's interested, I've put together a Christmas Music quiz as part of a fundraising initiative at my daughter's school since we can't hold the Christmas Fair this year. Other than some clips of famous tunes, I've composed/played all the background music as well as the stuff in the questions, so if you'd like to give it a go, I'll post the link here once its live - EDIT: its not a live stream, but just a video that takes you through the quiz.

If you did want to donate, there will be a VirginGiving link at some point, but its not expected from anyone outside the school community - just a bit of fun for you over the holidays. I'll post the answers early in the New Year.

Here's a promo vid that we've put together https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=NwXP4hOZiFQ

Here's the quiz:
https://youtu.be/-czpGjMQADI
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    edited December 2020
    Has your Virgin link got anything to do with Branson’s virgin?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, I believe so. Its not a personal one, its for the charity that's set up essentially as the Parents/Teachers Association
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry no disrespect to the teachers parents association but I wouldn’t want to be associated with that man.
    He could of easily bailed out virgin airlines but expected the government to do it after he sued the NHS for millions.
    Hes scum.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1529
    edited December 2020
    Mudcrutch said:
    Sorry no disrespect to the teachers parents association but I wouldn’t want to be associated with that man.
    He could of easily bailed out virgin airlines but expected the government to do it after he sued the NHS for millions.
    Hes scum.

Jesus wept, the OP is raising some money for a PTA – it hardly merits going off on one about Richard Branson. Besides which, VirginGiving has nothing to do with Richard Branson other than the brand association. Virgin Money (which is behind the giving website) is essentially the old Clydesdale Bank.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    edited December 2020
    Hey its all good. As I say, I haven't posted it here as a fund raiser. Its more for your own fun over the holidays in case you fancy it. Please don't get hung up on the donation aspect.

However, if you feel like donating and want to avoid the Virgin brand this forum would welcome anything you have spare I'm sure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Yes, I believe so. Its not a personal one, its for the charity that's set up essentially as the Parents/Teachers Association
    Ssshhh pretend it's virgin Mary
  • thegummy said:
    Yes, I believe so. Its not a personal one, its for the charity that's set up essentially as the Parents/Teachers Association
    I believe she only allows one deposit and is very specific as to the timing and the donor
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I'll be looking forward to the quiz!

The audio in the youtube video is very very quiet btw, I had to turn my speakers up to even hear it. Just something to consider for the actual quiz :)
  • Ah thanks. I've been blasting it out on my home monitors so not really noticed the volume!!

I should add that its not a live stream, just that it goes live on the 19th. Its just a YouTube vid that takes you through the quiz and obviously you can pause/rewind whenever you like
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ah thanks. I've been blasting it out on my home monitors so not really noticed the volume!!

I should add that its not a live stream, just that it goes live on the 19th. Its just a YouTube vid that takes you through the quiz and obviously you can pause/rewind whenever you like
    That's far preferable for me since I'm backshift and have a toddler so would have been unlikely to make a scheduled live stream.
  • Hi again. Anyone interested can find the quiz here: https://youtu.be/-czpGjMQADI

The answers will be posted on the YouTube video page around 10th Jan, but I'll probably put them here too.

Have fun and Merry Christmas :-)
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Mudcrutch said:
    Sorry no disrespect to the teachers parents association but I wouldn’t want to be associated with that man.
    Hes scum.

Bloody hell. Bloke is only trying to raise money for a school/give everyone a bit of fun.
  • Quiz link added to first post to make it easier to find
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    Working through and enjoying it.
    Cheers David :)
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    thegummy said:
    I believe she only allows one deposit and is very specific as to the timing and the donor
    Yet three blokes turned up with presents... hmmmmm :)