Simple wiring diagram

I want to wire a twin humbucker bass with a single volume and no tone control. Is this diagram correct?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hh8lh8ajewjb7bo/wiring diagram.jpg?raw=1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 5010
    That's both in parallel, right?
    If you got slightly creative, you could use a stacked put to allow you to control each,
    I'm assuming it's just missing from the pic, but the body of the Vol pot should also connect to ground.
    I'd tend to try and keep all wires the same length, even if just shorting them together.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73077
    Yes, that's correct for both pickups in parallel (with them internally in series). Ideally you want to bring all the grounds to a single point - traditionally the volume pot casing, but any good single location will do, and if you use a different one then you still do need to ground the casing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Thanks @prowla @ICBM ; Yes, all the earth connections attached to the volume pot casing.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14786
    Depending on the make and model of pickups, it ought be possible to get a good deal more sonic versatility by adding a coil interconnection mode switch for each pickup.

I wouldn't bother doing this with generic soapbars or EMG-HZ pickups. On the other hand, Bartolini, Delano and Duncan/Basslines NYC Soapbars would benefit from series/single/parallel DP3T switches.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Depending on the make and model of pickups, it ought be possible to get a good deal more sonic versatility by adding a coil interconnection mode switch for each pickup.

I wouldn't bother doing this with generic soapbars or EMG-HZ pickups. On the other hand, Bartolini, Delano and Duncan/Basslines NYC Soapbars would benefit from series/single/parallel DP3T switches.

I'm not known for my sonic versatility on bass ;) This is a kit built bass that I've been playing for a year or so. Don't think I've touched either volume or tone pots in that time. Reason for the re-wire will be explained in a later thread.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73077
    I once did a custom bass wiring job for someone which had nothing but two pickups and an on/off switch for muting it. He never used any controls, so why bother?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein