Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fender Fever

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10591
    Avoid. My experience was that he was argumentative, low balled me and got very very arsey when I told him no. He then messaged me months later to goad me that my guitar hadn’t sold. It was a niche item that I expected would take a while, and eventually did sell for what I wanted. 

I couldn’t believe the behaviour. 
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2336
    Avoid. My experience was that he was argumentative, low balled me and got very very arsey when I told him no. He then messaged me months later to goad me that my guitar hadn’t sold. It was a niche item that I expected would take a while, and eventually did sell for what I wanted. 

What a douchbag 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636

Haha, he bought one from me on eBay for what I felt was around the right price. Imagine my surprise when it took about seven months to sell on his own site(s) at a £900 markup. Oh, and it didn’t - he ended up reducing the price to about £50 more than he paid. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 3rdfret3rdfret Frets: 7
    edited December 2020
    While I'm ok with some criticism and accept that I could have a bit more polite in my correspondence I'm human and it really winds me up when I'm patronized. This thread was about people's feedback that bought from me, it's anything but! I'm not unreachable, if you have questions, please do ask on Reverb, Ebay or through my website instead of assuming which is incorrect more often than not. I can't win no matter how I respond, I spent time explaining still somehow lost. I did not even buy the tomatillo strat, it wasn't even bought on here, despite that the thread turned into a circus. Do not assume, just ask. Fender Fever made it's first sale 20 months ago, sold 1000 guitars during that time, more than half of it abroad, with a 1.5% return rate and 99% 5 Star feedback, export guitars bringing in over £500.000 not to mention huge VAT output and turned profit even on first year, most companies don't. I understand I'm part of the problem but I didn't invent money, capitalism etc, we all have to make money somehow. I'll take everything on the chin but not outright lies, someone has to put a stop to this. You can not tell some parts of the history or your deluded version of it and make it look like fact, here are the facts! I bought 1 guitar from Hyperben, he offered 1 more and I took it as well, sent a private courier at a cost of £112 through anyvan, did not beg him, nobody wanted them. He's been very grumpy since he saw them on ebay. He bought a 335 of me on ebay, returned it with the reason "Just Didn't like it", not because it wasn't as described, he paid for the return cost, kudos to him on that but I think his memory is blurred. The return was approved automatically, because I offer 30 day no quibble money back with no ifs or buts. I fret dress/ setup, photograph every guitar myself. The added protection of ebay from what? A bricks and mortar UK based company that has previously sent money into his bank account with no protection?

Hyperben clearly does not remember, I don't think he has malicious intent but below are screenshots of some of our exchanges.
    "The £1985 1985 JV Jazzmaster" Sold for £1985 in less than a week!
    "The PRS NF3 Buckle Rash?" Outregous!!! It's mentioned in the description, why leave 5 star feedback???
    "The Chocolate Strat, £2100?" it wasn't!!! it was £2300 plus delivery!
    "Pulled of all the stock from ebay, probably issue with T&C?" No, I do that all the time, "End the listing" and click "Sell Similar", it's called Search Engine Optimisation.
    "I asked if there was any movement on a es les paul, I was interested in, seemed very expensive at about 2.5k, I asked as I found some a lot cheaper, I got a huge message about  Mark up, tax. Basically justifying the price,  and then he forwarded some es les Paul's being sold in the US..... Like they're comparable..... He could have just said no." Below is the actual question a very clear example of delusion, the question was sarcastic, mocking and yes, guitars sold in US are comparable in fact often cheaper! I took time to calculate and explain.

I'll probably get banned again but I won't be responding any more as some of you have no shame, I'm sorry. I'd like to thank guitars4you for some of his comments, please, next time you have a bad feeling, drop me a message instead.

[Images removed because they contain email addresses and personal identity information]
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 9129
    This thread has been closed. Accusations have been made. Fender Fever has replied with his version of events. Further comment is not going to add value. 

Fenderfever and his alter ego 3rdfret have been banned for being Xbaxx, who was banned for not declaring that he was a trader. Whilst we are pleased to support small UK businesses, and would be worried if they were not earning a profit, we have to protect our forum‘s reputation. We make it clear in the rules, and in New Member joining instructions, that traders must contact the moderation team and make their affiliations clear to members. Where we become aware of deception we have to act on the forum’s interest.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.