UK Swirlers

Hi guys!

I'm on the lookout for someone to help me with my upcoming project. I'm looking to get an ibanez AZ swirled somewhere in the UK but I'm struggling to find any UK pros that do swirling.

I'm also toying with the idea of putting either a gmc or dna jem replica project together, so anyone that can chime in with someone that might be able to help with either of these would be greatly appreciated!

All the best!

Evo

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hey,

If you have Facebook, there are a couple of groups where you could probably post asking for UK swirlers.

Guitar Finishing: https://www.facebook.com/groups/199697580438413/?ref=share

Amateur Luthier (not all amateurs, a lot of small one person builders as well): https://www.facebook.com/groups/514624188886504/?ref=share

Hope these help.
  • SnazzyGeezerSnazzyGeezer Frets: 38
    edited December 2020
    Richard Fays work is off the chart !
    Check out his Facebook page.

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    My jem style Ibanez conversion was done but "out of this swirled",   imo he is the best of the swirl artists outside of Ibanez and worth tracking down if he is still doing them, 
  • I dont know of anyone doing it at the moment. Richard Fay does great work, and is the soundest of guys (ive had two done by Rich), but he isnt doing it at the moment i dont think. I can help you with a Jem style body though, should you find someone.
  • EvoEvo Frets: 319
    Good to know, i've spoken to a few people but those that do swirl seem to be hibernating for the winter. So it's looking like it may be a project for sometime in 2021.
  • yeah, Richard is on pause at the moment..  I have one of his and will be getting another when he resumes.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?