Capacitor values for Joe Satriani Circuit

What's Hot
The coil split is on the Tone pot Push pull..A 500K pot..

The capacitor on here is 0.022 Uf. Microfarads

The push pull on the Volume pot controls a high pass filter..

The capacitor on the Volume pot is 330 Pf I have an orange drop for that..

I have a 220 Pf Capacitor,at first I thought this right..
Then I looked again.. Would this be a tenth of that value..?

Basically where would I get this capacitor..

I may have this wrong,I am not an electronics expert..

I have decided to put 2 Humbuckers in my Strat..
Dimarzio Mojoe and a PAF Joe..
Took me a while to pick them out,but these seem a safe bet in an S type.. 
They have stopped making the FRED...
So this combo is the next best thing..

Also why a High pass filter..?

Thanks for any help..  :)

Here is the JS 1000 circuit..
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/387309636686198643/visual-search/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    I think, and I may be wrong here, someone will correct me if I am but 220 picofards works out at 0.00022 microfarads. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73077
    It's nothing more than a switchable treble-pass cap. It removes the treble loss as you turn the volume control down, and if the value is large enough it will actually make it slightly brighter. 330pF is roughly splitting the difference between stopping treble loss and a subtle brightness boost - 220pF will work too, just give very slightly less effect. If you have the cap(s) and switch anyway it's worth trying to see if you like it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KevSKevS Frets: 512
    ICBM said:
    It's nothing more than a switchable treble-pass cap. It removes the treble loss as you turn the volume control down, and if the value is large enough it will actually make it slightly brighter. 330pF is roughly splitting the difference between stopping treble loss and a subtle brightness boost - 220pF will work too, just give very slightly less effect. If you have the cap(s) and switch anyway it's worth trying to see if you like it.
    There are 2 different things going on ,,the Volume Push Pull Treble Bypass is 330 pF.. :)
    Thanks ..  :)

The second thing is the Tone Control push pull pot splits the Humbucker coils...

This has the  0.022 uF. Cap on it on the circuit diagram....
    Plus on the Dimarzio page it says 0.022 uF EP1022 for the Mo Joe Pickup....
    I am confused about the actual value of this capacitor and what to order...
    It doesn't seem to be a normal guitar Cap value from what I am seeing on Axer R Us,North West Guitar etc...
    Is this an easy value to get..?
    Maybe the value is written in some other way and I'm not realising they actually have the part....

https://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/medium-power/mo-joe
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    Don't sub the 220pf for the 0.022uF though. the 220pf is 100x less capacitance!   The 330pf and 220pf are interchangeable and are just a choice of "bright switch",  and there won't be much difference unless you have bats ears. 

more cap info :    
    https://www.justradios.com/uFnFpF.html

• KevSKevS Frets: 512
    They look quite cheapo but hopefully should do the right job...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/330pf-1000V-Voltage-Ceramic-Capacitor/dp/B07DPL65JS
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    Pretty much any 330pf capacitor will get you there.  These are rated for 1000v which is plenty !!!
    good luck with the experimentation - worth trying some different values to see what you prefer.  You might only notice a lot more difference at higher playing volumes though.