Anyone Recognise this Strap Maker

What's Hot
SRichSRich Frets: 765
edited December 2020 in Guitar
Just in the process of fitting a Stud Finder Wrap-Around bridge to my GSP Jnr and did a 'pre-pic'..........anyone recognise the Strap Maker of this strap in the pic? I bought from (I think a German couple) at one of The Guitar Shows at Birmingham - I'm guessing 2014-15-16 ish.

It is such a comfortable leather and has softened into a well-worn friend on this Jnr....I suspect not around these days (some business folks having gone to the wall) but does anyone recognise the brand?

I suppose @Handsome_Chris or @Jason may have history of exhibitors maybe?

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JasonJason Frets: 1120
    tFB Trader
    From memory they came from Hungary, I was unable to get in touch with them again, they just disappeared
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • SRichSRich Frets: 765
    Thanks Jason........I knew you'd know. I suspect that they are no longer in business probably. It's a well worn jeans thing I guess. You haven't got a name to search for?

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74497
    I don't know, but if it helps, Levy's do some that are nearly identical with the same sort of sewn-in padded edges.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28753
    edited December 2020
    Levy’s do one that’s very close, if that helps - the MSS1. I’ve had one for about 15 yrs and it’s great.

Lots of colours but always black edges by the looks: https://www.levysleathers.com/product/guitar-strap-mss1-blk/
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    tFB Trader
    SRich said:
    Thanks Jason........I knew you'd know. I suspect that they are no longer in business probably. It's a well worn jeans thing I guess. You haven't got a name to search for?

I don't, I remember that the name they booked under wasn't the brand name, thats not unusual for invoicing, it was his name I think, I've been through my address book and can't see anything, my invoices are in the office and I haven't worked from there since March. Have you tried Pinegrove Leather for something similar?

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    Yes and oddly enough I do have one of those on a LP Special DC Faded and comparing both alongside one another, it could be a knock-off of Levy's design. The 'Hungarian one' just is in another league of soft leather though.......which I guess is it's USP

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    tFB Trader
    Lovely finish on that junior ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Jason said:I don't, I remember that the name they booked under wasn't the brand name, thats not unusual for invoicing, it was his name I think, I've been through my address book and can't see anything, my invoices are in the office and I haven't worked from there since March. Have you tried Pinegrove Leather for something similar?

Thanks mate, I'll look them up.

This could just be the musings of a Vid ravaged mind of course.......... ;)

tFB Trader
    SRich said:
    Jason said:I don't, I remember that the name they booked under wasn't the brand name, thats not unusual for invoicing, it was his name I think, I've been through my address book and can't see anything, my invoices are in the office and I haven't worked from there since March. Have you tried Pinegrove Leather for something similar?

Thanks mate, I'll look them up.

This could just be the musings of a Vid ravaged mind of course.......... ;)

Haha

talk to Rod there, nice bloke and his straps look great, always sells loads at the show
    .............and I should really get back to what I should be doing......which is to change the Wrap-Around bridge out. If Tom Bukovac gives a seal of approval, what more can I say? Finger's crossed for a well intonated result.

tFB Trader
    SRich said:
    .............and I should really get back to what I should be doing......which is to change the Wrap-Around bridge out. If Tom Bukovac gives a seal of approval, what more can I say? Finger's crossed for a well intonated result.

Well if Tom says so, who are we to argue...

Proof that all you need is an iPhone in your garage and you can be a YouTube star

That, and a bucket load of talent ;-)

I watched loads of them before I realised I had one of his albums (Trigger Hippy)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I think it's purely the Rolling Rock...........I've set an intravenous drip of the stuff and I still can't play for spit.

tFB Trader
    SRich said:
    I think it's purely the Rolling Rock...........I've set an intravenous drip of the stuff and I still can't play for spit.

That was THE drink in the late 80's rock clubs in Brum, I hadn't seen it for years until Tom's videos. I guess it's still sold in Nashville, although I didn't see it there last year either. Maybe he has secret stash of it, the magic elixir????
    edited December 2020
    Lovely finish on that junior
    Have a wiz for recognition............I still love it. A lovely responsive thing.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:
    From memory they came from Hungary, I was unable to get in touch with them again, they just disappeared
    I think you are right - I brought a few - nice soft leather - Buffalo he told me - Did not know they had any in Hungary

Saw them once at the Manchester Show - But can't recall seeing them again since