Have you got a favourite XTC album?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10082
    English settlement for me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2450
    It says something about how good XTC are that almost every one of their albums has been named in this thread!

I think the only ones that haven't are Go 2, Mummer (which are both really good) and Wasp Star (which is probably their weakest).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 149
    Sorry not just one ... there are too many ... English Settlement ,Wasp Star ,Nonsuch and Drums and Wires if only for the blistering Complicated Game ... an anthem of my youth . 
  • English Settlement is my favourite, but I think Nonsuch is probably the best. Also, the two On Strike era albums - Apple Venus and Wasp Star - are wonderful. I think Stupidly Happy proves once and for all that you probably just need a good riff. 
  • I can’t pick just one but my most constantly played since the day it was released is English Settlement.
    The production pressing and SQ of the original vinyl releases is outstanding.
  • KoaKoa Frets: 122
    I must revisit some of these, some great stuff there. There was always a distinct difference in the Moulding/Partridge songwriting style in the early songs, did that continue?
    Dave Gregory has a fantastic guitar collection too, his guitargonauts site is well worth a look.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • When CD players first hit the world It took a while for English Settlement to get a CD release.
    When it did it cost a shed load of money and it was missing tracks that were on the LPs because 
    the English guys that invited this technology hadn’t yet sold the whole digital compression thing that could fit whole album collections on one CD.
    Needless to say they did and the rest is history.
    Record companies have been milking the Arsenal out of it ever since.
  • AqmltdAqmltd Frets: 16
    My first XTC album was Oranges and Lemmons from the Woolworths bargain bin. Bought it to put the sleeve on my wall.
    I played the record and was blown away. Standout tracks were Across the Antheap and Poor Skeleton.... Anyway, i was sold and soon caught up with the back catalogue and eagrely awaited new output. 
    To answer the question though, favourite albums are Nonesuch and Apple Venus.
    Ps, i still have the cover on my wall