Pedal for orange overdriven tone ???

What's Hot
riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 348
I'm thinking of getting a pedal off those times when you're sharing amps , can't use your own but still want to get your sound . My core sound is an overdriven orange retro 50 . Most drive pedals seem to be marshall or fender inspired , anyone know anything that captures that orange drive tone in a compact and reasonable priced pedal ??!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1291
    edited July 2014
    The AMT O2 or O-Drive claim to specifically aim for the Orange overdrive sound.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2573
    EQD Monarch
    YouTube yak-about regarding all things alt/indie/post-punk/noise/etc >>> HERE
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1826
    Check out the tech 21 amp/speaker simulation range. Or the Joyo range of pedals that are copies of the tech 21
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 348
    Thanks , I knew about the eqd but had forgotten about the tech 21 and the amt is totally new to me !!
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 761
    edited July 2014
    EQD - I used one with my Rocker 30 and it sounded great!

Did always fancy trying the a Tech 21 though!
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1826
    There was one for sale on here not too long ago. Check a few pages back in the classifieds
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    Never been keen on the tech21 stuff i don't know why it just never sounded right....
    i'm getting rid of my orange getting something abit tweedy so i'll be watching this thread with interest
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3526
    The Okko Diablo was voiced around an old orange....it's pretty flexible with the feed and body commands.
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    If you can find one, Wampler did a limited pedal called the Orange Crush. Probably fetching big money though.
    what are those AMT o2s like into the front of an amp? as ive heard that the V1s were pretty bad for that....
    if i was going to do that would i be better off getting the equivalent drive series pedal?
    also the wampler had monstrous amounts of gain on top but couldn't do the old school thing, for me its between the EQD and the AMT but i'm leaning toward the EQD
  • albanovalbanov Frets: 55
    I used to have the Oxford and liked it a lot. For the situation the OP was talking about (getting your sound from a borrowed amp), you'd ideally plug the Oxford into the amp's effects return. In front of the amp would be fine if it's set clean. I found using the tech21 as a drive pedal into an already driven amp with it's own character was a bit weird, it felt a bit... distant. 
    I don't want to speak for OP but i assume he's after something to go in the front of an amp rather than in the loop as when you borrow an amp you don't know whether its going to have a loop or not or even if the loop will be accessable or seires/parallel 
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    EQD Monarch 
  • MattG;293175" said:
    what are those AMT o2s like into the front of an amp? as ive heard that the V1s were pretty bad for that....if i was going to do that would i be better off getting the equivalent drive series pedal?
    They do both in the loop and in front.

Best check out Burg's demo of his. He does the best demos for the amt pedals I think, and he seems to rate them quite highly.
    sorry @riffpowers if i've stolen your thread xD
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 348
    MattG said:
    sorry @riffpowers if i've stolen your thread xD

It's all good , the more the merrier !!
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1941
    Apparently the Catalinbread Supercharged Overdrive does a good Orange impersonation. I built myself a clone which I'm rather fond of. Not massively overdriven with single coils, but nice and crunchy.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I've had the EQD Monarch...was a hell of a pedal.

but if I really wanted the Orange sound...this is it...The OLC Orange Peel

never heard a pedal sound so much like an orange...